JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

whats the difference between

this user no longer participates here and deactivated user?

I am in the process of making some changes - changes that will result in me no longer deactivating accounts at a users request. A user will be able to "psuedo-deactivate" themselves, by hiding the forums from themselves, and setting their email settings to not be bothered by the mail generated here at the site. By so called "deactivating" themselves, other members are alerted that the user has left and no longer participates here.

Contrast this with a real deactivation. "This user has been deactivated" means that the moderators had to take this action. They were banned from the site because of not abiding by the forum policy, or it was discovered that they did not qualify to be here in the first place.

At present, a number of deactivated users would be better classified as "no longer participating here" voluntarily because I have not yet finished the programming.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

thank you...i didn't know if it was "code" in a sense, for disfellowshipping someone from use here.....

Eventually it will be. The big red Deactivated User will come to signify someone who got fired from the forum :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I think Bob has said several times in the past that it is almost impossible to keep Apostate or Apostate sympathisers out of the forum. These malcontents eventually show their true colors and are flushed/fired. I can think of only one in recent months that has been fired but a number of brothers and sister have moved on to other endeavors, in the past year.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Have you had many "fired" from not following forum rules? Seems strange someone would act that bad knowing the forum is well moderated.

Believe it or not -> Yes.

This has occasionally been a regular member who developed an attitude, but most of the time it is the opposer who googles the answers to the registration questions, and tries to jump right in with his hate-filled first post. What he does not know is that it gets tied up in the queue, the community never sees it, and he gets banished from the site. All this goes on behind the scenes. Granted, not regularly, but once in a while.

The smart ones just lurk and never post.

Ah yes, the registration process...

Melissa: "Did you have any trouble getting in?"

Ace: "No, the guy with the rubber glove was surprisingly gentle."

;) :laugh:

:laugh:Funny Gary.

Hey did everyone else have to send in $50.00 to Bob like I had to:perplexed:

That seemed strange to me.But oh,well.

No, I just had to give him some Gif's that I snagged from Musky.:popcorn:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

:offtopic:

When I was going over my baptism questions the first two elders were extremely kind.

The last one was a very serious old brother,he made me recite scriptures and looked disppointed when I didn't know

one.I felt like I was being interrogated.Then when he was done he said.

"OK,well,I'm the elder who collects the $50.00 fee."And he takes out his wallet and opens it.Looks at me.

Serious and scary like."What?" I ask timidly.

"There's a $50.00 fee when you get baptized,nobody told you that?" I must have looked so stunned,he

started laughing and said. "I'm only joking with you honey,theres no fee."

After that everyday I went in service the rest of my at that Hall him and his wife treated me to lunch.And he was the brother who

walked me down the aisle when I got married.

• 3 months later...

$50???????? You got a discount!!!! I had to give a week's labor for free. Btw, does anyone have the number to the labor board???

$50???????? You got a discount!!!! I had to give a week's labor for free. Btw, does anyone have the number to the labor board???

Hey you guys, you all got a bargain, I am still paying for the privilege of posting the text every day.:lol2:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I am in the process of making some changes - changes that will result in me no longer deactivating accounts at a users request. A user will be able to "psuedo-deactivate" themselves, by hiding the forums from themselves, and setting their email settings to not be bothered by the mail generated here at the site. By so called "deactivating" themselves, other members are alerted that the user has left and no longer participates here.

Contrast this with a real deactivation. "This user has been deactivated" means that the moderators had to take this action. They were banned from the site because of not abiding by the forum policy, or it was discovered that they did not qualify to be here in the first place.

At present, a number of deactivated users would be better classified as "no longer participating here" voluntarily because I have not yet finished the programming.

Couple things- First, how does one get the 'voluntarily no longer participates' marker?

And second, FYI, on such posts, the word 'voluntarily' is misspelled as 'voluntaraly' I think.

Hey you guys, you all got a bargain, I am still paying for the privilege of posting the text every day.:lol2:

It's different for me. I got in for free but my antivirus warns me it's a dangerous page usually when I open the map locator or a spoiler tag or a photo album. I guess what they say about free stuff on the internet is true. :raspberry:

Couple things- First, how does one get the 'voluntarily no longer participates' marker?

And second, FYI, on such posts, the word 'voluntarily' is misspelled as 'voluntaraly' I think.

No, "voluntarily" is the correct spelling.

Voluntarily

It's different for me. I got in for free but my antivirus warns me it's a dangerous page usually when I open the map locator or a spoiler tag or a photo album. I guess what they say about free stuff on the internet is true.

If you open up your anti virus you can add jwtalk to the accepted files. I had to do that with 2 of my computers each with a different virus program.

Voluntarily

Right, I meant that the spelling with two A's is the wrong spelling.

Voluntarily

To deactivate your account Click HERE

For more information about deactivating your account Click HERE

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Voluntarily

To deactivate your account Click HERE

For more information about deactivating your account Click HERE

Don't worry I'm not leaving that easily. :raspberry: :raspberry:

You'll have to get a firing squad to get me out! :pistols: :pistols: :pistols: | :ecstatic:

What my question was is, Why did some people get deactivated upon request (and end up as "Deactivated User") instead of leaving the other way (and getting 'This user voluntarily no longer participates here')?

What my question was is, Why did some people get deactivated upon request (and end up as "Deactivated User") instead of leaving the other way (and getting 'This user voluntarily no longer participates here')?

The old system would say 'deactivated user' for all. The new system only says 'deactivated user' for those who were forcefully expelled from the forums. Those who leave voluntarily state so. We dont deactivate or delete accounts on request anymore. If I have to deactivate a user manually, it is because they forced my hand.