JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah’s Witnesses Help Clean Up a Forest Near Lviv

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2221 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Anzhelika adds: “To me, the important thing is, not who left the garbage behind, but what I can do to remove it.” Lois, who is 78 years old, also joined the campaign. She says: “Instead of getting upset about the garbage when you go for a walk, it is better to pick it up and get rid of it.”

What a great attitude. Getting mad doesn't contribute anything, but helping to clean it up certainly does.

Imagine the scale of the clean-up we'll be doing during the 1000 year reign! :D

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

21 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Imagine the scale of the clean-up we'll be doing during the 1000 year reign! :D

A 1000 year rain would take care of a lot of stuff...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

A 1000 year rain would take care of a lot of stuff...:D

No doubt! Just look what 40 days and 40 nights did ;)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

I hate to ask, but why does it seem you only read about this kind of thing in Russia and other countries where the work is under scrutiny or ban?

We're probably trying to draw attention to the fact that Jehovah's people are good people, who are law abiding citizens, love their neighbor and the environment. 

I mean, it's silly to ban the work of the worlds most model citizens.

17 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

We're probably trying to draw attention to the fact that Jehovah's people are good people, who are law abiding citizens, love their neighbor and the environment. 

I mean, it's silly to ban the work of the worlds most model citizens.

Ok, but I never was asked to partake in a cleaning effort or any other community effort like this. Have you? I would love to go around with lapel badges and carts while picking up litter or similar stuff as a sort of Witness, but it was never organized. 

So yes, if the brothers in Lviv organize efforts like this beneficial to their community, that makes them model citizens, but I don't have the impression this kind of effort is common for Witnesses.

20 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Ok, but I never was asked to partake in a cleaning effort or any other community effort like this. Have you? I would love to go around with lapel badges and carts while picking up litter or similar stuff as a sort of Witness, but it was never organized. 

So yes, if the brothers in Lviv organize efforts like this beneficial to their community, that makes them model citizens, but I don't have the impression this kind of effort is common for Witnesses.

The article said:

"The volunteers, ranging from 22 to 80 years of age, live and work at the Ukraine branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which is located near the forest." 

I remember there being a park that we regularly maintained while we were in Brooklyn as well.

There is nothing prohibiting groups of brothers and sisters in local congregations from following this example. I even think there is a local Metro Park nature area that has an area maintained by the local congregation.

Clearly, the article on our website is their to draw attention to our community efforts.