JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your Favorite Movie Production?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2019 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Favorite Spiritual Movie Production  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Spiritual Movie Production?

• How Do I Make Real Friends? (1999)
    • What Will I Do With My Life? (2004)
    • The Prodical Returns (2013)
    • What is True Love (2015)
    • Oh Jehovah, . . . I Trust In You (2016)
    • "Hope for What We Do Not See" (2016)
    • Remember the Wife of Lot (2017)
    • I Like All of Them!
    • Other

"Walk by Faith" (missing from the Poll) was and still is my favorite along with the first of the list 

Note: There are other movies missing also, like some dramas >> I think you should remake the poll with a more complete list, I'm sure it will make us remind of the great video library we have :)

Edited by jayrtom

It seems my favourite is the last that I watch... I finish a movie and think "Oh that's my favourite!"  Then I watch somethjng else and it becomes my favourite...  the movie that had the most effect on me was The Prodigal Returns because sadly I left  Jehovah for a while.  It took about four attempts before I could watch it without crying...even now when David is crying in the rain I get a lump in my throat.

The movie that made a surprise run for the front was What is true love?  I felt unconcerned with the topic and just thought ... "hmmm ok " when I first watched it.  Little by little though it has grown on me and now I really like it.  Jonah is one of my favourite prophets and the acting of the brother is just first rate.... there are times the camera is up close to his face and somehow without exaggeration you see all his thoughts and emotions flash across his face,  it's an A-list Hollywood performance.  He has to carry the movie and it's amazing how well he  does.  It's so well written, the children scene, the scene with the  travelling merchant ... Of course the Hezekiah movie Oh Jehovah ... I Trust in You is the best production with the best ending ever!!!  Talking of endings, I probably watch ""For a Certainty god Made Him Lord and Christ " MORE than any other movies and when Jesus ( and yes the brothers got Jesus just right choosing that brother....) hugs each Apostle and says goodbye ...well it never occurred to me he may have done that and it's so touching.  He loves them but at the same time he's so happy to be going home... it's just a wonderful scene.

Hey maybe we should do a "favourite Scene" thread...

Edited by sunshine

On 11/1/2018 at 6:26 PM, Loje said:

My personal all time favorite is "The Bible:  A Book of Fact & Prophecy" produced in 1996.  It was a three volume documentary that after covering the Bible's accuracy and reliability, went on to show the benefit it continues to have in our modern world.  

Remember the hilarious scene when a couple (now in the Truth) recount a time when the husband had purchased his wife a gift.

Before studying - he buys her a cookbook as a gift, anticipating that she'll be happy about it.  Instead, she is offended and wants to hit him over the head with it screaming "I don't need a cookbook, you don't think I know how to cook!!"  Next, he buys her a vacuum cleaner and again, she's offended... "Do you think I'm your slave!"  Anyway, it shows the timelessness of Bible application.  After studying, she acquired a "milder" spirit and the husband, learned to be more discerning of her needs.  

The video is now dated but I wish they would remake it.  Those three volumes gave a nice overall picture, connecting the dots from ancient to modern times.

The Bible Movie.jpg

Hands down one the best scholarly works we've ever produced.