JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your Favorite Movie Production?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2019 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Favorite Spiritual Movie Production  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Spiritual Movie Production?

• How Do I Make Real Friends? (1999)
    • What Will I Do With My Life? (2004)
    • The Prodical Returns (2013)
    • What is True Love (2015)
    • Oh Jehovah, . . . I Trust In You (2016)
    • "Hope for What We Do Not See" (2016)
    • Remember the Wife of Lot (2017)
    • I Like All of Them!
    • Other

I am just sitting and streaming the Prodigal Returns and this question came to mind. I think this is favorite modern day, but the Hezekiah movie hands down has my vote for the best Bible Times movie.

Just curious on how you all stand!

Fire away!

Edited by Bob

2 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

My fave Bible times and it didn't even

make the poll, either.^_^

4 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

These Words Must Be Written On Your Heart

My fave, and it didn't even make the poll.^_^

Arrgghh! I cannot edit it now.

Thanks for letting me know.

Rob

7 hours ago, Bjern said:

Probably Walk by Faith, Not by Sight.

I love most of them but this movie together with Ezekiah's are my favorites, I think. "How do I make real friends" has a special place in my hear too, it was the first great movie the friends made and I must have watched it dozens of times. :)

2 hours ago, carlos said:

I love most of them but this movie together with Ezekiah's are my favorites, I think. "How do I make real friends" has a special place in my hear too, it was the first great movie the friends made and I must have watched it dozens of times. :)

Hezekiah's was probably the best production to date. I think Jonah will be up there as well this year. Bible based movies are perfect for high production content. I think modern-day movies are the best for practical instruction.

"How do I make Real Friends" also has a special place for me. I was 17 when I first saw that on VHS, so I could relate to what she was going through.

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

I like Jesus.  "For a Certainty god Made Him Lord and Christ (parts 1 &2).  Mesoper was a great narrator.

You know what I love about those? Jesus is a character of strength, and not some sobby, emaciated, anorexic, sissy as he is often portrayed in Christendom's dogma. I actually love that Jesus.

How can God's Son be any less seeing what he was going to have to deal with?

Edited by Bob

10 hours ago, carlos said:

"How do I make real friends" has a special place in my hear too, it was the first great movie the friends made and I must have watched it dozens of times. :)

Now I remember ... I was a little child when I first watched it and it moved me to tears. 

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

•  
  • I like "The Prodical Returns" because I can identify with that topic. 
  •  
  • I can´t watch "What is true love" without crying like a baby - no matter how often I´ve seen it.
  •  

"Oh Jehovah...I trust in you" makes me feel like watching a Hollywood production in the cinema.
  •  
  • "Hope for what we do not see" is my all time favourite (until now :D - who knows what else we can expect?)
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

(sorry for that crazy display of my reply...I was too lazy to type the movie titles, so I coppied them from above - and that´s what turned out of it)

:shrugs:

Chrissy :wave:

On 26/04/2018 at 10:50 AM, Gregexplore said:

And where is "Signing in the Rain" on the list?

I suppose Noah was singing in the Ark... LOL :lol1:

Was Noah’s wife deaf?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 4/28/2018 at 6:07 PM, Jothob said:

Hezekiah comes top-

followed by walk by faith not sight in second place!

I’ve watched them so many times I know every word!!! Hehe!! :-)

Haha I have the same issue with the audio dramas, especially "Doing God's Will With Zeal". My wife laughs when we listen to it and I sync near perfectly with the audio. That comes from years of my own mother playing them every Sunday morning and Thursday evening before the meetings. Its amazing how we store information by mere repetition.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We just watched the Hezekiah video for Family Worship and when I saw the Assyrian camp it reminded me of Klingons!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My personal all time favorite is "The Bible:  A Book of Fact & Prophecy" produced in 1996.  It was a three volume documentary that after covering the Bible's accuracy and reliability, went on to show the benefit it continues to have in our modern world.  

Remember the hilarious scene when a couple (now in the Truth) recount a time when the husband had purchased his wife a gift.

Before studying - he buys her a cookbook as a gift, anticipating that she'll be happy about it.  Instead, she is offended and wants to hit him over the head with it screaming "I don't need a cookbook, you don't think I know how to cook!!"  Next, he buys her a vacuum cleaner and again, she's offended... "Do you think I'm your slave!"  Anyway, it shows the timelessness of Bible application.  After studying, she acquired a "milder" spirit and the husband, learned to be more discerning of her needs.  

The video is now dated but I wish they would remake it.  Those three volumes gave a nice overall picture, connecting the dots from ancient to modern times.

The Bible Movie.jpg

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Loje said:

The video is now dated but I wish they would remake it.  Those three volumes gave a nice overall picture, connecting the dots from ancient to modern times.

The Bible Movie.jpg

Sr. Lori, this was turned into a DVD with all three volumes on one disc.  I am sure it is no longer available at the literature counter but it might be available from someone in your congregation if you need to play it on a DVD player.  I have both the DVD and the VHS versions.

1 hour ago, Loje said:

My personal all time favorite is "The Bible:  A Book of Fact & Prophecy" produced in 1996.  It was a three volume documentary that after covering the Bible's accuracy and reliability, went on to show the benefit it continues to have in our modern world.  

Remember the hilarious scene when a couple (now in the Truth) recount a time when the husband had purchased his wife a gift.

Before studying - he buys her a cookbook as a gift, anticipating that she'll be happy about it.  Instead, she is offended and wants to hit him over the head with it screaming "I don't need a cookbook, you don't think I know how to cook!!"  Next, he buys her a vacuum cleaner and again, she's offended... "Do you think I'm your slave!"  Anyway, it shows the timelessness of Bible application.  After studying, she acquired a "milder" spirit and the husband, learned to be more discerning of her needs.  

The Bible Movie.jpg

I just LOOOVE volume 1! It’s one of my favorites. Here’s my favorites in order:

1 The story of Jonah - A lesson in courage and mercy

2 Oh Jehovah, ... I trust in you

3 The Bible a book of fact and prophecy (volume 1)

4 Walk by faith, not by sight

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.