JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Seeking your Favorite Fudge Recipe

It is going to be cold and rainy all weekend here. I want to go to the store and buy stuff to make fudge. I am looking for a recipe that called for coco and sugar and stuff --not the marshmellow cream --although I like that too. This was one my grandmother made that I can not find the recipe for--I have done some searches but I would like to know your favorite fudge recipe. Thanks

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Ingredients

8 ounces unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan

1 cup smooth peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 pound powdered sugar

Directions

Combine the butter and peanut butter in a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. (Use caution when removing this mixture from the microwave, it will be very hot.) Add the vanilla and powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. The mixture will become hard to stir and lose its sheen. Spread into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Fold the excess parchment paper so it covers the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

Easy chocolate fudge made in the microwave oven.

Cook Time: 3 minutes

Total Time: 3 minutes

Ingredients:

•3 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar

•1/2 cup cocoa

•1/4 cup milk

•1/2 cup butter

•1 tablespoon vanilla

•1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Preparation:

Combine and cook confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter on high power until butter is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Blend in vanilla and pecans. Spread into a buttered 8-inch square pan. Cut microwave fudge in squares

My fave is peanut butter fudge!

Holly--I just made the peanut butter fudge and it was so easy and so good! I will have to get some more powdered sugar for the other and make it tomorrow. I know my jeans hate to hear me say this but hey---its winter and I have a craving! Thanks--I wish you were here to sahre it with

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Holly--I just made the peanut butter fudge and it was so easy and so good! I will have to get some more powdered sugar for the other and make it tomorrow. I know my jeans hate to hear me say this but hey---its winter and I have a craving! Thanks--I wish you were here to sahre it with

YUM! So do I! I am on a low-carb diet and some peanut butter fudge sounds oh so heavenly! I "live" on a low-carb diet...... ugh! I am a chronic dieter and go up and down, up and down, up and down....... I want the New World so I never have to eat low-carb again! I am so shallow! lolololol!

I have an old cocoa fudge recipe but I'm not home and won't be for 10 days (I'm 1000 miles away!) so i can't help you for this weekend. So sorry because it is REAL fudge. But it requires a double boiler or it will never turn out right. Such a pain to get it to "turn"! But sooooo worth it!

The Bee

Old Time Buttermilk Fudge

2 cups of white sugar

1 cup buttermilk

pinch of salt

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter( Sunbutter for those allergic)

1.Butter large plate set aside.

2.In heavy pan boil sugar,buttermilk and salt over medium heat until soft ball stage.

About 3 minuits after comes to rolling boil or 234 degrees candy thermometer.

Remove from heat.

3.Add vanilla and peanut butter,and blend with a wooden spoon.Then beat with wooden spood until

it loses it's glossiness and starts behaving.:crackwhip:

4.Pour quickly onto plate and cool to room temperature until hard and cut.

It's very good,so don't try eating it alone,or you will lose your self-control and eat it all and then your conscience will bother you.

Not that that's ever happened to me:whistling:.

My Dad was the toffee and fudge maker in our house. He was not a cook at anything else much. He used to go unsupervised into the kitchen with his ingredients and set to make it. He often used anything from Mother's kitchen utensil drawer and often wrongly picked the plastic ones to stir the hot pans of melted sugar with and we would be offered toffee with trails and swirls of white plastic in pretty patterns in it!!:eek:

Anyway here are the UK versions of fudge and then chocolate fudge with a video of UK TV's homecraftperson Kirsty Allsop:

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/137868/vanilla-fudge

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/519814/easy-chocolate-fudge

It's very good,so don't try eating it alone,or you will lose your self-control and eat it all and then your conscience will bother you.

Not that that's ever happened to me:whistling:.

It's not my conscience that would bother me. It's that I always waist it and what I don't waist I put behind me.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Hi Annie

I'd love to have a go at the cherry fudge but Phil doesn't give the measured amounts of what he is using. The can of condensed milk is easy, but how much of the rest would I need?

I notice our 'friends across the big pond' (USA) use 'cup' measurements, which I am not familiar with. How much does a cup contain/weigh?

Hi Annie

I'd love to have a go at the cherry fudge but Phil doesn't give the measured amounts of what he is using. The can of condensed milk is easy, but how much of the rest would I need?

I notice our 'friends across the big pond' (USA) use 'cup' measurements, which I am not familiar with. How much does a cup contain/weigh?

1Cup = 250ml or 16TB

Hi Annie

I always make the same basic fudge recipe and then when I get to the stirring bit after it has come off the cooker, then I add whatever flavour I think... I've never made cherry, but have made Walnut, Chocolate, fruit and nut and plain vanilla butter fudge... I also use a very large non stick frying pan... it never ever goes wrong. I tried several recipes before this one and this is the one that always seems to turn out the best :)

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

• 3 weeks later...

OK Leslie - here ya go (better late than never I guess!) Word to the wise - I don't recommend trying this without using a double boiler pan. I've ruined every single saucepan I've ever used! (Burnt the fudge on so hard it became one with the pan!!!) This stuff is a nightmare to make - getting it to the 232 degrees (Fahrenheit)! But oh so worth it... If anybody gets it to turn out, I'll be expecting a sample in my mail box...(tu)

COCOA FUDGE

2/3 c. Hershey's cocoa

3 c. sugar

1/8 tsp. salt

1 & 1/2 c. milk (I'm sure it probably needs to be WHOLE milk! They didn't have all the fat taken out when this was invented!!!)

1/4 c. butter (again - that's REAL butter - the kind that clogs up your arteries...)

1 tsp. vanilla

COMBINE: cocoa, sugar, and salt in a lg. saucepan (3 qt. size).

ADD: milk (gradually), and mix thoroughly. Bring to a bubbly boil on high heat, stirring CONTINUOUSLY[.

REDUCE: heat to medium and continue to boil the mixture WITHOUT stirring (but wait to cease and desist stirring until the heat has reduced to medium or you'll end up with scorched fudge! This is where you will be wishing you had the double boiler pan!) until it reaches 232 degrees Fahrenheit OR, until a small amount forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water. BE SURE BULB OF THERMOMETER IS NOT RESTING ON BOTTOM OF PAN!

REMOVE: saucepan from heat; ADD butter and vanilla to mixture. DO NOT STIR!

ALLOW: fudge to cool at room temperature until it reaches 110 degrees Fahrenheit

BEAT: by hand or with electric mixer until fudge thickens and loses some of its gloss.

QUICKLY: pour and spread fudge in lightly buttered 8X8X2 inch pan. Cool. Cut in squares. Makes about 3 dozen squares.

The Bee