JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library Second Monitor when you have three monitors

Hello Brothers, I was wondering if any of you have had this issue.

This is our set up, we have three output monitors on our Soundbox Windows 10 computer: Monitor for the sound brother to control (DVI), output monitor for the congregation displays (HDMI to splitter) and Timer display (USB to VGA, used with Soundbox for timing parts).

Today we are using SoundBox software exclusively and this is why. The JW Library application doesn't allow you to select a second monitor, it's just a simple toggle to enable. Whenever I enable it, the Timer Display is ALWAYS selected instead of the Congregation displays which is what I need. Has anyone experience this as well and has a work around? I imagine it's a Microsoft Windows issue. However this could all be fixed if the JW Library application allowed you to select the desired second monitor. 

1. Unplug both the HDMI cord and the USB adapter, then reboot. At this point, you should only have the primary display.

2. Plug in the HDMI again, then reboot.

3. Now that both your main display and HDMI displays are working, open JW Library and cast the video to the second monitor.

4. With JW Library still casting to the second monitor, plug in the USB adapter, and reboot again.

5. Open JW Library again and cast the video to the second monitor. This time it should cast to the same display as it did on the previous reboot, leaving your timer monitor unused.

If this does not work, I'd recommend sticking with Sound Box and filing a bug report with the branch.

I can't find the link to it but I remember watching a YouTube video that indicated that the JW Library app's feature to display media on the second monitor actually means to display the media on the monitor to the _right_ of the main monitor as shown in Desktop monitor control panel applet. What you need to do is press the identify button to see which display (by number)  windows thinks is the HDMI connected TV's and then drag that monitor to the right of the main monitor (identified by display 1 typically) you can then drag the USB connected monitor to the left of the main monitor and press apply. Here is a hint if you get your mouse pointer trapped on the other screens. If you drag the additional monitors so they don't line up but are mostly above or below the main monitor then it is harder to just slide the mouse across to them.

Yes, we use three monitor setup.

Our console is a DVI

The main Hall is HDMI

The Timer Monitor is SVGA via USB

We use JWLibrary and OnlyT

It works just fine.

I used Windows System Settings in the Display Menu to assign the monitors.

It works just like the video shows and is quite easy to reconfigure if you need/want to - We did this for the Annual Meeting and any other special stream meeting so the Console Monitor also displays the stream and the Timer Monitor shows the desktop (it becomes the Console Monitor since the timer is not needed)

After the special even, I simply put them back the way they were.

Due to the way Windows configures our system - we have to use screen 2 as the Default and put screen 1 to the right of that. Seems our computer will only allow the HDMI connection to be screen 1

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~