JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What happens when you quit smoking...

• 2 weeks later...

Something I was made aware of 20 years ago regarding smoking, when I subscribed to The Green Magazine:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/tobacco-firms-kept-quiet-on--polonium-role-in-cigarettes-907194.html

There's a nasty radioactive substance in nicotine leaf. Philip Morris makes Marlboro, Virginia Slims, Benson & Hedges among the more well known of it's tobacco products.

Jehovah created nicotine in tobacco plant leaves as a poison to protect the plant from insect damage - that's all it's good for. I was shocked when travelling through beautiful areas of Italy 18 years ago, how many acres of fertile land was wasted growing fields of this stuff.

Something I was made aware of 20 years ago regarding smoking, when I subscribed to The Green Magazine:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/tobacco-firms-kept-quiet-on--polonium-role-in-cigarettes-907194.html

There's a nasty radioactive substance in nicotine leaf. Philip Morris makes Marlboro, Virginia Slims, Benson & Hedges among the more well known of it's tobacco products.

Jehovah created nicotine in tobacco plant leaves as a poison to protect the plant from insect damage - that's all it's good for. I was shocked when travelling through beautiful areas of Italy 18 years ago, how many acres of fertile land was wasted growing fields of this stuff.

Can anyone think of anything I can say to a sister who is really struggling w/this problem. She has been d/f'd once already because of cig. She loves Jehovah, she' also diagnosed with bipolar so she feels unloved by friends and Jehovah at times.

Can anyone think of anything I can say to a sister who is really struggling w/this problem. She has been d/f'd once already because of cig. She loves Jehovah, she' also diagnosed with bipolar so she feels unloved by friends and Jehovah at times.

I've overcome a couple of addictions,cigarettes was one.Does she live with a smoker?If so is the smoker willing to help her by smoking outside?

If not can she make herself a smokefree enviroment indoors...I found it very difficult to quit with another smoker in the house.

I had to totally quit drinking coffee also when I quit cigarettes...for me the two went hand in hand I had a student she had to quit drinking Diet Coke.

For a while.I still think of cigarettes when I have my coffee.

Put a sticky note on the lighter..matches...stove SAY A PRAYER NOW Drink lots of water...lots.

The Gods Love is very good at reasoning on 2Cor,7:1 if a person wants to be taken up by Jehovah as a son or daughter they need to apply 2Cor.7:1...

page 93-95 Gods Love book paragraphs 19-21.

I hope she's able to conquer it.

I had a student who smoked 5 packs a day...she stayed in a cabin alone for a 7 days and was able to quit,cold turkey.She got very ill ...but made it through and was baptised.

yea i remember my husband telling me something about the radioactive stuff in cigs.. he said ppl that smoked would radiate (light up) with some kind of goggles or something after they would smoke, it would mess their training up, so they would tell them not to smoke before hand. (he was in navy at time but now army). Its just amazing the chemicals they put in cigs. I used to smoke was a hard thing to over come. My ex-husband smoked and would smoke in the house. We lived in a small mobile home so it would fill the house with smoke.. was so hard to quit with him, i did quit but not to long.. ugg what a situation i was in. But my current husband doesnt smoke so its so much better and i dont smoke now. The body is amazing in how it heals so fast, we were def made to live forever.. will be happy when that time comes..