JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone who has had a migraine knows these headaches are a, “cat of a different color”,  And, you know how innocent they are, “migraine-wise”, if they suggest taking an aspirin! 

I’ve  had them so bad I felt like I would pass out with each beat of my heart. My vision was like an inverted television. It would start to get black on the outside perimeter, each time my heart beat. 

I always thought they were allergy related. Cheese, red wine, diesel fumes, milk fat, sugar, chocolate...typical allergens, but the biggie was cigarette smoke. I did not realize that until the cigarette smoker was no longer a part of my life. 

They would last four miserable days. And I always thought of myself as having a, “headache hangover”, for another couple of days. 

Pain and nausea. Light sensitivity, motion sensitivity. I learned that soda crackers and apples are not half bad when they come back up. 

Drink water. Sip it. 

In the last twenty years, I think I’ve had one bad headache. I did not take it serious enough, and went to the meeting A mistake. I knew I had to get home, as I would be in trouble for a few days with it. I was. 

The one thing I am super sensitive to, today, is diesel fumes. 

Anyone who has these headaches has my sympathy. I can remember thinking if I banged my head on a cement wall, it would hurt less. Hard to describe the pain...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

11 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

Anyone who has had a migraine knows these headaches are a, “cat of a different color”,  And, you know how innocent they are, “migraine-wise”, if they suggest taking an aspirin! 

I’ve  had them so bad I felt like I would pass out with each beat of my heart. My vision was like an inverted television. It would start to get black on the outside perimeter, each time my heart beat. 

I always thought they were allergy related. Cheese, red wine, diesel fumes, milk fat, sugar, chocolate...typical allergens, but the biggie was cigarette smoke. I did not realize that until the cigarette smoker was no longer a part of my life. 

They would last four miserable days. And I always thought of myself as having a, “headache hangover”, for another couple of days. 

Pain and nausea. Light sensitivity, motion sensitivity. I learned that soda crackers and apples are not half bad when they come back up. 

Drink water. Sip it. 

In the last twenty years, I think I’ve had one bad headache. I did not take it serious enough, and went to the meeting A mistake. I knew I had to get home, as I would be in trouble for a few days with it. I was. 

The one thing I am super sensitive to, today, is diesel fumes. 

Anyone who has these headaches has my sympathy. I can remember thinking if I banged my head on a cement wall, it would hurt less. Hard to describe the pain...

My gran used to become literally paralysed by migrains, unable to walk.  I wish I knew what I knew now and then she wouldn't have had to suffer all that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 12:39 AM, CCCG said:

Thankfully today I feel much better.  I have a dull pain but nothing like yesterday.  Moving hurt and I felt so sick.  😕

I wonder whether they are hormone related... @hatcheckgirl And I eat too much sugar.  I just don’t know what triggered that one.  Too much sleep perhaps - I slept much longer than usual because I’d slept badly the night before.  

I think hormones can play a part in migraines, I started having them 22 years ago after the birth of my son. He was a premie and it sent me straight into menopause. Have been having severe migraines every day since. I just started on that new medication Amovig, hopefully if will help.

1 hour ago, Ruecatt said:

I think hormones can play a part in migraines, I started having them 22 years ago after the birth of my son. He was a premie and it sent me straight into menopause. Have been having severe migraines every day since. I just started on that new medication Amovig, hopefully if will help.

Every day for 22 years?? Is that possible?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

13 hours ago, Ruecatt said:

So sorry sis and all of you who are suffering like this!  I posted about fresh ginger root on here, Do try it!    Take a  big toe size piece of ginger root, chop it up and put in a medium pan of water.  Simmer for about 30 mins and drink lots of it through the day. (Don't add sweetener)  An alternative especially in a hurry is to grate some  in a cup and pour boiling water on it.  Also chewing on a fresh piece can relieve nausea quickly.

Don't take it along with medication though.

You may notice you have migraines more at equinox times and around the time of the full moon.  The body is trying to detox itself at these times.   Migraine sufferers must never get dehydrated.

Eat healthily and keep sugar to a minimum.  Don't let your blood sugar dip so eat complex carbohydrates.

Edited by Naturale

15 hours ago, Ruecatt said:

15 hours ago, Ruecatt said:

Millet is so good for migraine and is a food that can be tolerated easily as a regular part of the diet.

Carefully add 3 cups boiling water to 1 cup of millet in a medium/large pan.  Return to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has been absorbed, 20-25 minutes. Take off the heat and leave it alone with the lid on for at least 10 minutes.

Cooking it this way as a plump water soaked grain is just what the intestines need.  That is the best way to cook it for migraine suffers really and I like mine with stewed fruit and natural yoghurt but I was just looking at some other recipes here   http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/incredible-ways-to-cook-with-millet/       

Edited by Naturale

15 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

What is it in ginger that works on migraines?  Does it play a part in regulating hormones, helping metabolise sugars, help with electrolytes in the blood, or something else like that?

Hiya :)    They say it works particularly by blocking prostagladins- the chemical messengers that cause a slight swelling in the brain. 

Ginger is an anti-inflammatory and is anti-spasmodic and it stimulates circulation. 

Edited by Naturale