JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hourglass Software

Has anyone had experience of Hourglass Software ?

I have just received an e.mail from our cong secretary inviting me to install this programme which apparently has electronic publisher record cards and enables publishers to send monthly reports electronically, I am suspicious of anything which is not provided by the faithful slave !

Any comments ?

Thanks,

Martin.

Many of us use Ministry Assistant to track our time, calls and placements. It's easy to send your monthly report electronically..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Many of us use Ministry Assistant to track our time, calls and placements. It's easy to send your monthly report electronically..

I started taking reports electronically 20 years ago, so the only difference would be that it is composed on a program in one's personal computer and transferred to the SEC's personal computer, rather than an email.

This works well as ther is an electronic trail at both ends.

No more "I thought I turned my report in" , countered by "I am sure you did, but I don't have it. Would you mind turning it in again, please?" :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 minute ago, Old said:

No more "I thought I turned my report in" , countered by "I am sure you did, but I don't have it. Would you mind turning it in again, please?" :)

My SGO is younger than I am but is not tech savvy. Texting and email are not his forte, so he will usually ask for my report several days after I have already texted it to him, now I send it to him and his assistant...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 hours ago, For Hire 24 said:

Has anyone had experience of Hourglass Software

It’s a great App! Our our congregation has implemented the app.  It is used for the reporting of monthly service reports to the Secretary and service group overseers, in lieu of paper reports.  You can see only see each of your own personal monthly reports.  This app is not intended for daily, weekly calculations that one would normally keep for yourself.  Similar to the paper reports, you just fill in the blanks. The app also sends reminders to turn in your time.  (Oops) .  It is an accurate reporting venue so the only transcription errors would be your own.  

I think it is a time saver for the Secretary as well.  

One other thing, when you respond to the “invitation” the app is installed ONLY on the device that is used for the initial install.  I found this out after installing it on my iPad, then tried to install on my phone.  Had to request another invite  and delete it on the iPad because I prefer it on my phone.  😖

EDCA566B-0C19-42F7-8F96-739209DCB5C8.jpeg

CACC61EF-8CD3-4D0B-9747-2A478121A0E0.jpeg

Edited by booboo

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Zebra555 said:

Do you inlude jw talk?  

To be honest, yes I was initially very cautious, because the GB has repeatedly advised great caution on such matters including some internal chat forums...however I have found this one to be most encouraging and properly managed..thank you. 😊 

• 3 weeks later...