JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kingdom Hall wedding

Hello everyone! 

I'm attempting to plan a wedding, but I haven't been to a Witness wedding for many, many years. I'm due to go to one in November and another in possibly March, and it is looking like ours will be September time next year. So I was wodnering if anyone had pictures from inside the KH so I can see what kind of decorations people had? Namely, flowers, as I suppose that's about the only thing that there could be! 😂🙈

Any help is appreciated, thank you!! 

We had 4 kingdom Hall weddings recently.  This was the same for all 3 weddings.  No decorating at kingdom Hall but seating changed slightly to make an aisle.  Decoration, etc done at reception area.  

Edited by Fluff

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Some flowers might be enough. Perhaps two nice chairs. Not even an aisle is necessary. Simplicity is best. But ask the BoE what you can do. They will surely give you some pointers.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I've seen some put bows and or flowers on the end seat of the rows they wanted reserved for family. Also, we have a Spanish congregation in our hall and they usually get a tasteful flower arrangement to put in front of the speakers podium.  It looks pretty for pictures.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been to several recently and there have been floral arrangements on the stage between the speaker and the couple against the wall and a floral arrangements near the guest book. Inhavebalsonseen a simple arrangement on the table that the couple's Bible is placed in.

I have also seen the use of the TV monitors. The attached pictures are before the ceremony and then the screen changed when they were pronounced man and wife. I also have seen bows on chairs to indicate family seats and sometimes the bride's have used runners before they come down the aisle. 

Screenshot_20181018-064245_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181018-063604_Gallery.jpg