JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The True Scale Of Nuclear Bombs

Hi, news reports like this one below remind me of a Watchtower years ago, I’m thinking in the 1980s, which had a gigantic mushroom cloud over the earth with the space shuttle also in direct view. At the time, I thought that mushroom cloud was incredible! But now I can see a basis for it.

Can anyone tell me which issue it was?

The True Scale Of Nuclear Bombs Is Totally Frightening

http://www.thescinewsreporter.com/2018/10/the-true-scale-of-nuclear-bombs-is_4.html

When I first saw the title I thought, "Oh, are they changing to a 'metric scale' to measure bombs"? 

On another tangent, while it is true that atomic bombs are horrific, there was a bomb created by the US that is just as scary - even though it is not atomic.

Fuel-air explosive

A fuel-air explosive (FAE) device consists of a container of fuel and two separate explosive charges. After the munition is dropped or fired, the first explosive charge bursts open the container at a predetermined height and disperses the fuel (also possible ionizing it, depending on whether a fused quartz dispersal charge container was employed) in a cloud that mixes with atmospheric oxygen (the size of the cloud varies with the size of the munition). The cloud of fuel flows around objects and into structures. The second charge then detonates the cloud, creating a massive blast wave. The blast wave destroys reinforced buildings and equipment and kills and injures people. The antipersonnel effect of the blast wave is more severe in foxholes and tunnels, and in enclosed spaces, such as bunkers and caves.

It is said that, if properly atomized, the resulting blast would be more intensive than a nuclear blast with heat levels that would vaporize anything and everything within the blast zone and that the blast wave would destroy structures 20 miles from the blast center - with the added benefit that there is no residual radiation left behind .... and yet, people only seem to complain/worry about nuclear weapons :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

When I first saw the title I thought, "Oh, are they changing to a 'metric scale' to measure bombs"? 

On another tangent, while it is true that atomic bombs are horrific, there was a bomb created by the US that is just as scary - even though it is not atomic.

It is said that, if properly atomized, the resulting blast would be more intensive than a nuclear blast with heat levels that would vaporize anything and everything within the blast zone and that the blast wave would destroy structures 20 miles from the blast center - with the added benefit that there is no residual radiation left behind .... and yet, people only seem to complain/worry about nuclear weapons :shrugs:

I've seen video and pictures of propane and butane explosions. A large cloud of vaporized butane can do massive destruction .

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D