JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Be careful!!!

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

Well, I have done something about it: a couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many whiskeys as well as beers and some rather nice red.

But knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a bus home.

I arrived back safely and without incident which was a real surprise, since I had never driven a bus before and have no idea where I got this one.

A 6-pack of beer will last me about 6 months. I have had to throw beer out because it was so old. I don't drink much. Before I had kids, it was my fun hobby with friends and family. Who can drink who under the table? That was our game. And Super Bowl, and whenever OSU made it to a bowl game. I was usually hammered before halftime. Now I am back in the truth, a sip of beer gets me a bit of a buzz so now I gotta be careful.

I arrived back safely and without incident which was a real surprise, since I had never driven a bus before and have no idea where I got this one.

LOL!

I have to eventually move this to the appropriate Jokes area, but loved seeing it here because it was able to catch me by surprise :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

LOL!

I have to eventually move this to the appropriate Jokes area, but loved seeing it here because it was able to catch me by surprise :P

LOL!!! No problem. My mom sent me this via email and I about fell out of the chair.

LOL!!! No problem. My mom sent me this via email and I about fell out of the chair.

...I was just going to report you to the elders...then I got it...nice to see you back Micah:D

I was like,'hes been gone for a while, I hope this isnt some kind of issue hes got', and then I got to the last lines-----hahahahaha

yeah, you got me---

good to see you in fine form there Micah.......well, at least in the joke department:raspberry::bringiton:..

WHO ELSE HITS THE BOTTLE HERE

Me.....

I set them on the little target stand and shoot my air rifles at them:cowboy:.....I hit them quite regularly---:raspberry:

as for drinking or using alcohol, yes, I do on occasion....but, like Micah, its on the order of about a six-pack every couple months...

We will have a glass of wine with dinner sometimes, and I will have a taste of whiskey every once in a while, but it is always in moderation and under control.....

I reminds me of something that happened to a relation of mine years ago. He was only 12 years old and he stole a bus and drove it all around the city. The guards eventually caught him and brought him into the station and called in the seargent to deal with him. The seargent came in and when he seen him he says to him "what are you doing here?" ..... He was the seargents son.:laugh:

This was very good! You had all of us going there. We will be open this NYE same as the last NYE. My husband is very conscious about trying not to over serve customers and still run a business. Last year a young female came into the lounge to listen to the band and ordered a drink. Our bartender (who was a young sister) refused to serve her and called Rick over to talk to her. Rick said he could not serve her but now since she was inside he could not let her leave seeing the shape she was in. She had her keys on a clip attached to her belt loop. He first asked her for the keys and she said no. He said he did not want to try and take them since they were dangeling from her belt loop and hanging low next to her jeans zipper area. He asked if I would jst walk by and take them from her. I did not want to either but the alternative was letting her leave. Triple A was offering the Tipsey Toes service for the holiday weekend in order to cut down on drunk driving and accidents. While Rick and I were arguing discussing what to do she got up and left. He followed her outside and ske could not even find her car. She kept going from car to truck to car and trying to open the door with her key. Rick was able to get her to come in from the cold and wind and gave her some water to drink, then asked me to come back and talk to her. This time I was able to unhook her keys from her belt loop without her noticing. I then called the Tipsey Toes service and was placed on hold for 45minutes--it was NYE after all. When the tow truck arrived 1.5 hours later they had her ride in the front and hooked up to her car to take them home. By that time we had someone else who wanted their service and they were going to return for them. Thirty minutes later she walks back in the lounge --she actually beat the tow service back! Rick thought that she was using meth because she was "tweaking". I hate that tomorrow is NYE again--it seems just like last week we went through all of this. I wish I could talk him in to closing but he reaizes that is one of the bigesst nights of the year for the bar/grill industry.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Has anyone ever had beer gravy with a roast dinner? My MIL showed me how you do that when you put a roast on the stove. The gravy has no alcohol when it cooks down and it scrumptious over meat and potatoes. DY-NO-MITE! :eat:

Well, Chris, you have certainly wet my appitite! Now I need a recipe!:chef:

Have any of you made Italian beef in the crock pot & added a can of beer!?! yummy!(tu)