JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw Library

We started using the jw Library in our meetings, as the Soundbox program is not longer supported from January the first.  But, the letters on the screen for the songs are very small and hard to see them and follow from the distance. Is there a way that the lyrics letters can be adjusted and make them bigger like we used to have

them in Soundbox? Does anyone know how? If there is no way, can the brothers developing Jw Library think about it? We as a congregation will appreciate it very much if such an adjustment can be made to the letters

Thank you everyone.

For us, the text was also too small.
We used FonePaw Video Converter.
We cut out the center of every video and made so the text 10-25% larger.
But that's a lot of work.

Work for weeks.
I have the 151 videos only in German.

(We still are using Soundbox .) 😊

Edited by The German

The songs are videos.  So unless you create or modify them yourself like Bro Manfred, that's it.

A point worth mentioning is that when the brother from LDC come to recommend we replace the projector with the screens, he said it doesn't matter if some can't see the lyrics during the song because either the words are too small or others were blocking their view.  The song videos are an additional to , not a replacement for songbooks.  If they can't see it, they can move towards the front of the hall, or use their songbook.

If the song lyrics are too small, then what about the text in the sample conversations videos?

We are using 65'' panels. I cannot say what percentage of the screen cover, but I believe is the same as in all congregations that use JW Library in their meetings. The lyrics are seen in lines and they change to the next group. They do not scroll. But everyone is used to the screen now that they do not bring songbooks. And the ones with Tablets still try to follow up what's on the screen. In our previous program, Soundbox, we could adjust the Fonds and the Size of the lyrics text to our needs. We will continue to use Soundbox for the songs.

Thank you all brothers for your comments.

Since the beginning of the year our JWLibrary on KH ceased to show the year text on the screens... It's just the JW Logo with a black screen!

It didn't show the daily text either but for this I changed the language of windows to English, the daily text now showed up in the home screen. Reverted back to Portuguese and the daily text is fixed. Still the year text doesn't appear!

Does any one has a similar problem or a suggestion on how I can solve this?

There is no pending update and I don't want to reinstall the app (need to download everything again), only as a last resort

Edited by jayrtom

56 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Since the beginning of the year our JWLibrary on KH ceased to show the year text on the screens... It's just the JW Logo with a black screen!

It didn't show the daily text either but for this I changed the language of windows to English, the daily text now showed up in the home screen. Reverted back to Portuguese and the daily text is fixed. Still the year text doesn't appear!

Does any one has a similar problem or a suggestion on how I can solve this?

There is no pending update and I don't want to reinstall the app (need to download everything again), only as a last resort

Hello jayrtom,

we have a year text on the wall.
Also we mostly use SoundBox.

Sometimes we also use the library.
But we do not like that flickering of the yeartext.
That's why we remove the yeartext from the library about every 4 weeks.
Maybe that's one way to solve the problems.

28 minutes ago, The German said:

Hello jayrtom,

we have a year text on the wall.
Also we mostly use SoundBox.

Sometimes we also use the library.
But we do not like that flickering of the yeartext.
That's why we remove the yeartext from the library about every 4 weeks.
Maybe that's one way to solve the problems.

Thanks Manfred. Can you explain better this? I don't follow what you mean...

41 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Thanks Manfred. Can you explain better this? I don't follow what you mean...

You can find the yeartext here:

C:\Users\YOURPROFILENAME\AppData\Local\Packages\WatchtowerBibleandTractSo.45909CDBADF3C_5rz59y55nfz3e\LocalState\www\webapp

The File is called

yearTextDisplay.html

You can damage the File if you rename it for example to "yearTextDisplay.htm".

Then you will have no yeartext on the screen.

But it  will automatically update after 4 weeks.

Then you will have the Text on the screen again.

2 minutes ago, The German said:

C:\Users\YOURPROFILENAME\AppData\Local\Packages\WatchtowerBibleandTractSo.45909CDBADF3C_5rz59y55nfz3e\LocalState\www\webapp

The File is called

yearTextDisplay.html

Thanks Manfred!

With that information, I will try to repair the file instead of damaging it :wink:

14 minutes ago, The German said:

The File is called

yearTextDisplay.html

Can you please send me your yearTextDisplay.html file?

25 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I doubt that it is the yearTextDisplay.html file at fault.  I doesn't contain the yeartext

But the screen shows all black with the JW logo on the bottom left corner. So something is being processed. Only the year text is missing

When I get home I'll see if I can find the year text on the script file... 

4 minutes ago, The German said:

There are 2 files that work together.
YearTextDisplay.bundle.js and yearTextDisplay.html
A brother who is here in Berlin at AVM programmer, has shown me that the text of the year is included.
My version is German.

Is included where?

I managed to install the JW app on my work pc (I don't have administrative privileges but was able to install trough the store)

The interesting thing is that the windows and the jw app are in Portuguese but now the year text appears but in English!

I then overwrited the existing files with the ones Manfred shared with me (German version) but the year text appears in English just the same... >>> I think this shows that the text itself is not embedded in none of the files...

3 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

I managed to install the JW app on my work pc (I don't have administrative privileges but was able to install trough the store)

The interesting thing is that the windows and the jw app are in Portuguese but now the year text appears but in English!

I then overwrited the existing files with the ones Manfred shared with me (German version) but the year text appears in English just the same... >>> I think this shows that the text itself is not embedded in none of the files...

English is better than nothing.

I don´t know  more about this thing.

I am only removing the text every month.

Perhaps you will get an update in the next days in Portuguese.

1 minute ago, The German said:

English is better than nothing.

I don´t know  more about this thing.

I am only removing the text every month.

Perhaps you will get an update in the next days in Portuguese.

Thanks for the help

I'll wait for an update. In the meantime I'll make an image and use it as wallpaper. I think it will do the trick :)

44 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I can change to any language and get the yeartext in that language.  The app get the yeartext from the web, its not embedded anywhere.

Have you tried the refresh button on the home page?  What about doing a repair of the app rather than a reinstall.

I've tried the refresh button but how do I do the repair thing? I'm not familiar with it... (but it shouldn't be anything specific with the pc because yesterday we hadn't any text on the KH. Today I instaled the JW app on the work pc and it showed in english altough the language is portuguese)

The other thing you could try is deleting the settings.dat file.  This stores the yeartext as well as other settings, but won't remove your publications or media.  Its like resetting the app.

You will find it at

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\WatchtowerBibleandTractSo.45909CDBADF3C_5rz59y55nfz3e\Settings

Afterward you will need to go to the app settings again, turn on the second screen option and change the video/music folders if these were not the default.  Also do a refresh on the home screen to bring it up to date.