JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What topic will be appropriate?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1938 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi everyone....:) Warm greetings from Ghana.

Well... my mum has a Bible student who she has been studying with for a while and she really likes the truth. She comes for meetings whenever she can, bringing her two boys and a third who stays with them along. Though due to the nature of her work, her meeting attendance has not always been regular. Plus she tries her best to attend the conventions too.

Her husband has no problem with it and would also welcome a Bible study but he is a very busy man who hardly has any time to spare and even works on the weekends. The good news is that after talking with him a week ago in the ministry, he agreed to give me an hour in the evening during one of the weekend days to have a study with him. 

I was wondering what could be an appropriate topic for discussion to start with. Being a very hardworking family man, should i just zoom into a book or brochure or just discuss a scripture with him. Any suggestions or advice will be highly appreciated.

When I started studying with this one lady, she wanted to keep the study at about 5-10 min, so we started in the good news brochure doing only subheading to subheading in each chapter.  That worked very well.  I'm now there for about an hour.  We use about 15 minutes to ' talk ', about 45 min. for study.  She is prgressing well.  But since he's willng to give you an hour, you may want to start with the Teach Us book.  You do not need to cover a  whole chapter each study.  In fact for this lady I study with, we have never done a whole chapter in one study.  Or take the first study and 'visit'.  Try to ascertain if there's anything in particular he has been wondering about.  Enjoy your blessing from Jehovah.

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Ask him how much time he’s got, and then tailor it to that. Perhaps in time he will see that this is something worthwhile to clear time to do.

The Good News brochure is great to start with. It also has fine videos as supplements before you start a lesson.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 hours ago, Paa Yaw said:

Hi everyone....:) Warm greetings from Ghana.

Well... my mum has a Bible student who she has been studying with for a while and she really likes the truth. She comes for meetings whenever she can, bringing her two boys and a third who stays with them along. Though due to the nature of her work, her meeting attendance has not always been regular. Plus she tries her best to attend the conventions too.

Her husband has no problem with it and would also welcome a Bible study but he is a very busy man who hardly has any time to spare and even works on the weekends. The good news is that after talking with him a week ago in the ministry, he agreed to give me an hour in the evening during one of the weekend days to have a study with him. 

I was wondering what could be an appropriate topic for discussion to start with. Being a very hardworking family man, should i just zoom into a book or brochure or just discuss a scripture with him. Any suggestions or advice will be highly appreciated.

How exciting Seth.  Please keep us updated on the progress of this family.  It sounds very encouraging.  :) 

4 hours ago, Paa Yaw said:

he agreed to give me an hour in the evening during one of the weekend days to have a study with him. 

I was wondering what could be an appropriate topic for discussion to start with

If he is a busy man he may appreciate the website at jw.org because it is self-serving (if you know what I mean).

Why not go through with him the on line Bible Study and then, as he has agreed to give you an hour, look up and read together the additional links at the end of each section.

It will certainly hold the attention of a busy man in the way it is presented, and because of the self assessment element, and it will soon enable you to determine the level and direction of his interest.

You can get started by clicking here.

😊