JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bigfoot

I was listening on BBC Radio 4 yesterday, to an interesting story of an anatomical specimen labelled "Yeti's finger" has been left overlooked in the In the vaults of the Royal College of Surgeons' Hunterian Museum for decades, its origins unexplained, until BBC reporter Matthew Hill set out to investigate.

Professor Hill's notes recorded that the finger had been brought to him by Peter Byrne, a former explorer and mountaineer. His story began in 1958, when he was a member of an expedition sent to the Himalayas, to look for evidence of the legendary Abominable Snowman.

We found ourselves one day camped at a temple called Pangboche," Mr Byrne said.They had in the temple the hand of a yeti which had been there for many years.Returning to London, Mr Byrne found himself repeating the story to Professor Osmond Hill in a restaurant at Regent's Park Zoo, a meeting set up by the expedition's American sponsor, Tom Slick.Prof Hill and Mr Slick asked Mr Byrne to go back and at least try to get one finger with permission from the temple's custodians.

The plan was to replace the missing finger with a human finger. Prof Hill then brought out a brown paper bag and tipped out a human hand onto the table in the restaurant!:sick:

Mr Slick helped ensure the finger would reach London safely with the help of his friend, the Hollywood actor James Stewart and his wife Gloria, who were in India at the time. How did they do it? With a DNA test - could this finger really have come from a yeti?

Whetted your appetite? :bouncing: Read the rest of the story here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16264752

I was just showing Denise this thread and she told me some very interesting first hand accounts....I'm gonna get her to write it-----

Hi everyone, Denise here, I was in a congregation in Colorado for a few years. There were a couple elders there that I was good friends with who when in their teens had an encounter from a 'bigfoot'. I have heard this story first hand from then and also one of them was interviewed for the show "Unsolved Mysteries" where they told their story. It has aired many times on T.V. Their family lived very high up into the mountains away from any other close homes. They were in the forest throwing rocks at each other with their other brother and just horsing around. The heard a loud scream from something that didn't sound like a human or any animal they have seen. That is when the seen a 'bigfoot' start chasing them. They all started running and were able to jump over an old barbwire fence. The 'bigfoot' just paced on the other side and they ran home. They came back the next day and found a gob of hair that the 'bigfoot' had left on the barbwire from rubbing against it. Eventually, the hair ended up at a university in California that analyzes animal hair.They could not find any findings that ever matched the hair these brothers found on the barbwire.

As I was in this congregation I spoke to alt east eight brothers and sisters who lived in the mountains all their life and seen a 'the Swishers0bigfoot' themselves. One was a sister who was one of the first missionaries in (i believe it was the Bahamas) with her) husband. (They are mentioned in one of the Yearbooks in 70's). She was at her kitchen sink window up in the mountains and watched a 'bigfoot' come out of the forest, walk up to their burn barrell, look inside and then walked back into the forest.

When I lived out there, I was living in a cabin with another sister near the town of Cripple Creek, Co. We went for a hike with our two dogs and two goats. Something in the woods frightened them so that the didn't even stick around to try and protect us (the dogs that is) and ran home ahead of us. My roommate thought there may be a bear nearby and said we needed to get out of there which we did! The next day we hiked the same area where there are some beaver ponds with nothing around. I saw some really strange tracks like I had never seen before on my hikes. They were huge! They almost looked like giant men feet but the toe tracks were a little different. My roommate said those were 'bigfoot' tracks. I could never say for sure but it was like nothing I have ever seen before or since.

Sooo..I know personally many brothers and sisters who have seen a 'bigfoot' in Colorado who have lived there most of their life in the mountains. My personal thought is that it does exist because not so many brothers and sisters could be mistaken and where they seen a 'bigfoot' were in desolate areas. It is unlikely someone was walking around in a suit. Not doubt we will know one day!

Thanks Denise, that's good to know. I haven't a opinion on the big foots but now I have something to think on.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

• 3 weeks later...

My Husband was in Washington State in 1990.

He was Walking around in the woods near the military base there doing training exercises.

At one point he was alone, in the woods.

He smelled something worse then swamp bottom on a warm day, and he heard cracking of twigs. The smell was not recognisable.

His hair stood on his body stood up. He was frightened. This was his never to for gotten experience.

Note: He is an excellent hunter, doing this most his life. He said he never has been frightened like that before in the woods.