JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Imitate loyal ones - video

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1922 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/WebHomeSlider/pub-jwbcov_201605_5_VIDEO

The brother refused to serve in the military and was imprisoned 2.5 years for his faithful/loyal stand.

I especially related to the impression Isaiah 2:4 had on him.   

I find it impressive that only Jehovah's Witnesses (us) are enjoying the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4 - one proof we are the only true religion.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this c. 2 minute video.   

A few questions:

The law out of which Zion?

How do we accept which mountain of Jehovah as the highest mountain-like kingdom?

What are the 2 mountains of Daniel 2:35,44,45?

Have any of you experienced the threat of imprisonment on the issue of neutrality?

If so, please share your experience - or why you have refused to join the military.

Would you all like me to share my experience appearing before the Freeport, L.I., New York draft board in late April 1965?

A deeper research question:  How do the two mountains of Zechariah 14:4-9 compare with the two mountains of Daniel 2:35,44,45?

Isaiahs Prophecy book page 44/45:

Jehovah does not let his people wander about like lost sheep. Through the Bible and Bible-based publications, he imparts to them his “law” and his “word” so that they learn his ways. This knowledge equips them to “walk in his paths.” Out of hearts filled with appreciation and in harmony with divine direction, they speak to one another about the ways of Jehovah. They gather together at large conventions and in smaller groups—at Kingdom Halls and in private homes—so as to listen to and learn the ways of God. (Deuteronomy 31:12, 13) Thus they imitate the pattern of the early Christians, who met together to encourage and incite one another to abound in “love and fine works.”—Hebrews 10:24, 25.

1 hour ago, Newtonian said:

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/WebHomeSlider/pub-jwbcov_201605_5_VIDEO

The brother refused to serve in the military and was imprisoned 2.5 years for his faithful/loyal stand.

I especially related to the impression Isaiah 2:4 had on him.   

I find it impressive that only Jehovah's Witnesses (us) are enjoying the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4 - one proof we are the only true religion.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this c. 2 minute video.   

A few questions:

The law out of which Zion?

How do we accept which mountain of Jehovah as the highest mountain-like kingdom?

What are the 2 mountains of Daniel 2:35,44,45?

Have any of you experienced the threat of imprisonment on the issue of neutrality?

If so, please share your experience - or why you have refused to join the military.

Would you all like me to share my experience appearing before the Freeport, L.I., New York draft board in late April 1965?

A deeper research question:  How do the two mountains of Zechariah 14:4-9 compare with the two mountains of Daniel 2:35,44,45?

I'd be interested in what you found Brother Paul - please share.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

If I recall rightly  New Zealand was the first country to come under ban during WW2  My husband was only 19 and not baptized when he was put in a detention camp for nearly 5 years.  Interestingly the majority of the brothers in the camps stayed in the truth all their lives. It was so cold in winter that the water buckets froze over in their huts and there was no heating.  Very difficult for wives with young children to manage back at home with very restricted visiting permitted but with their spiritual families support they carried on. 

Yes ... Sister Phyllis ... I met many older ones who were in the workcamps in WWII - The Priest family and others.

Very faithful ... and it should be a lesson today for those of us in NZ that just because we are at the bottom of the earth doesn't mean we will never be affected by what's going on in the world. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, pholmes38 said:

Isaiahs Prophecy book page 44/45:

Jehovah does not let his people wander about like lost sheep. Through the Bible and Bible-based publications, he imparts to them his “law” and his “word” so that they learn his ways. This knowledge equips them to “walk in his paths.” Out of hearts filled with appreciation and in harmony with divine direction, they speak to one another about the ways of Jehovah. They gather together at large conventions and in smaller groups—at Kingdom Halls and in private homes—so as to listen to and learn the ways of God. (Deuteronomy 31:12, 13) Thus they imitate the pattern of the early Christians, who met together to encourage and incite one another to abound in “love and fine works.”—Hebrews 10:24, 25.

So true!

In the words of Isaiah 2:2-4, we are learning God's ways and walking in God's paths!

In fact, this involves a fulfillment of Matthew 24:45 - the faithful slave giving us food at the proper time as we have been taught to "learn war no more."   There was a recent video on JW broadcasting that went into how some took the proper stand even in WWI!   Of course, it was in 1933 that we more fully digested this meal at the proper time - when the Nazi holocaust was beginning.  

I think it had to do with a new display at the Warwick headquarters - if my memory serves me correctly!

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I'd be interested in what you found Brother Paul - please share.

Concerning the law out of which Zion in Isaiah 2:3 - the following refers more to who the house of Jehovah is:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200020023/29/2

It is shown clearly that fleshly Israel (Hagar in Galatians 4:25) is NOT the house of Jehovah - clearly also not the Mount Zion that is referred to.

Using Galatians 4:25,26 as a cf. (cross reference), the Jerusalem above would be the Zion referred to - which is the first mountain of Daniel 2:35,44,45 (= God's woman of Gen.3:15 = the heavenly organization [e.g. angels, seraphs, cherubs] of Jehovah.

However, the Israel of God referred to in the article is actually New Jerusalem - the capital of the second mountain (the stone cut out of the original mountain = the messianic Kingdom of God).   Compare the seed of Genesis 3:15 and the prophetic drama in Galatians chapters 3 & 4 (singular - Gal. 3:16; plural - Gal. 3:29;  4:26-31).

A third choice, besides "the Jerusalem above" (Gal. 4:26) and the New Jerusalem (bride of Christ - Revelation chapter 21) would be heavenly Jerusalem = heavenly Mt. Zion described in Hebrews 12:22-24) - which is what I think the Mt. Zion of Isaiah 2:3 is referring to.   To restate the 3 choices (ignoring earthly Jerusalem/Hagar in Galatians  4:25,26):

1.  The Jerusalem above - the original mountain of Daniel 2:35,44,45  - God's heavenly organization including myriads of angels.

2.  New Jerusalem (=  bride of Christ in Rev.21), the capital of the Messianic Kingdom, the second mountain (stone cut out of mountain -Dan.2:35,44,45) aka the Israel of God (Gal. 6:16).

3. Heavenly Jerusalem of Heb.12:22-24 - all inclusive, including myriads of angels (#1), the congregation of the firstborn (#2) and the King/singular seed of Gen.3:15; Gal.ch. 3 & 4 ( 3:16) Jesus Christ.

Before going into more detail (e.g. Zech.14), I am interested in what you all  have found concerning the Zion referred to in Isaiah 2:3,4 from which the law out of Zion (learn war no more) proceeds.

The fact that we are obeying that law, as well as the fact that we accept God's Kingdom (either one or both) as the highest mountain (Isaiah 2:2), proves not only that we are the true religion but also that we are being taught by Jehovah through Jesus through the faithful and discreet slave (Matthew 24:45).

Agreed?