JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How long do you sleep?

On 2/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, MikkiSoo said:

Enjoyed reading your post. One mustn't take things too seriously. Most of the time, life is a lark. la-de-da-de-dum 

<It’s true: laughter is strong medicine. It draws people together in ways that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in the body. Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress. As children, we used to laugh hundreds of times a day, but as adults, life tends to be more serious and laughter more infrequent. But by seeking out more opportunities for humor and laughter, you can improve your emotional health, strengthen your relationships, find greater happiness—and even add years to your life>

So, sisters lighten up a bit. Look for moments to let merriment enter into your lives. We'll eventually develop hides as thick as hippos wallowing in some muddy river in AFRRRRI CCA! Hakuna Matata, people.

Hippo  Sleeps For: 16-20 hours a day

Hippos sleep for 16 - 20 hours a day. Related NO?

I remind myself of this often times sis.  I come from a family who loved to laugh...some times even

teasingly so...but that is another story!  Anyway I am still kind of on the silly side...but I absolutely LOVE to laugh. 

I wish that I could sleep though....:(

Edited by CyreJay

addendum

10 hours ago, EccentricM said:

<I have to write down to-do lists, as I'm easily distracted, I'm no good at routines>

Great to-do list you've got there. I'm going to follow your example and put a similar list, just next to my PC monitor to remind me of the more important things in life. I'm a bit of a slacker, I'm afraid. It's actually a matter of making our priorities, a daily routine in our lives and then everything falls into place. 

One pioneer sister suggested that we could stagger our Watchtower magazine preparation by doing a few paragraphs each day so that by Saturday evening, one would not be overwhelmed by the enormity of the task being undertaken. It is a bit of a drudge really when it is in a language that I'm not used to. Never followed that advice. So I'll always be burning the midnight oil, to get through the Malay magazine. The folly of procrastination. I think I need to do another list just for that task. 

So here's to better sleep on Saturday nights, not. 

Annelies ìë¬ë¦¬ì¤:ãSimple small things that make us happy :) I didn't draw here, but looking at the stars also makes me really happy! Sometimes I forget aboutâ¦ã

Edited by MikkiSoo

I thought I spelt a word wrongly. What's wrong with spelt?

Dancing Isn't Just Fun -- It's Really Good For Your Health

💃💃💃

It's time to get your groove on.

Dancing has a way of taking your cares away. It doesn't matter if it's the Electric Slide, the Macarena or your own crazy moves. Who hasn't gotten lost in an upbeat song as they jumped around?

But not only does it feel good to the soul, dancing also has some major health perks. Research shows dancing can improve your mental health by boosting your overall happiness.

It can keep your brain sharp.

We've all heard by now that lifestyle habits like aiming for better sleepcan help to keep your brain sharp. But, according to one study, so can dancing. The findings, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, suggest that getting footloose on a regular basis is linked with a 76 percent reduction in dementia risk -- about as much as playing board games or a musical instrument. Other physical activities, such as bicycling, walking and doing housework, weren't associated with any decreased risk.