JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

More frayed nerves after arson scare at Kingdom Hall

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4482 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS (CBS 8) - Another security scare at a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall is rattling nerves in University Heights Tuesday.

For the fourth time in less than a month, police responded to the hall on the 2000 block of Adams Avenue.

In December, two separate arson attacks caused thousands of dollars in damage. A third attempted arson attack happened just last week.

And Monday night, a 24-hour watch guard reported seeing a suspicious person getting off a bus and disappearing into an alley.

Officers didn't find any sign of an intruder, but neighbors say they are un-nerved about the recent crime spree in their community.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest in the series of arson attacks.

Anyone with information is asked to call crime stoppers at 888-580-8477.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16486798/more-frayed-nerves-after-arson-scare-at-kingdom-hall

Thanks for posting this Chuck and keeping us up to date. The Brothers and Sisters are certainly on our minds and in our prayers. I hope they catch this deranged individual/s so the friends can get on with their lives and their worship of the one true God Jehovah. May the God of all comfort bring them peace through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

One of the TV news reports said that a "suspicious" individual was seen on the roof of the hall, not just going down the alley, but I haven't found that report online yet.

Whoever it is they are persistent!

EDIT: Here is one that talks about someone on the roof:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Cops-Swarm-Church-Plagued-by-Attacks-137016173.html

Letters from the word “Jehovah” on the outside of the building were also pried off in this latest attempt.

Source: Arsonist Targets Church for 3rd Time | NBC San Diego

the person doing this sounds a bit crazy...and I mean what does he/she think they can do to Jehovah...and the neighbours around the hall are getting mad at him/her...

The suspect has not been caught and neighbors are extremely concerned.

“I expect them to come back, which is why I haven’t let my guard down. I think that they now have an ego about it and they’re not going to let it go until they succeed,” said Kraycik.

Source: Cops Swarm Kingdom Hall Plagued by Attacks | NBC San Diego

so what do they think they are going to achieve?...

so what do they think they are going to achieve?...

I don't know what they think they will achieve but here's what they actually will achieve: public sympathy for Jehovah's Witnesses and public animosity for our fanatic opposers.

(Isaiah 54:17) 17 Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me,” is the utterance of Jehovah.

UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS (CBS 8) - Another security scare at a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall is rattling nerves in University Heights Tuesday.

For the fourth time in less than a month, police responded to the hall on the 2000 block of Adams Avenue.

In December, two separate arson attacks caused thousands of dollars in damage. A third attempted arson attack happened just last week.

And Monday night, a 24-hour watch guard reported seeing a suspicious person getting off a bus and disappearing into an alley.

Officers didn't find any sign of an intruder, but neighbors say they are un-nerved about the recent crime spree in their community.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest in the series of arson attacks.

Anyone with information is asked to call crime stoppers at 888-580-8477.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16486798/more-frayed-nerves-after-arson-scare-at-kingdom-hall

Are the local congregations still using this Kingdom Hall or is it temporarily shut down? How many congregations use it?

Are the local congregations still using this Kingdom Hall or is it temporarily shut down? How many congregations use it?

As far as I know there are four congregations who meet at the hall. Unfortunately, nobody can use it at the moment. The RBC had started to repair it after the first fire, then the second one was much worse. The third "attempt" just flooded the floor with gasoline, which I'm sure didn't help in the cleanup much. I'm not sure what stage the repairs are at this moment.