JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wedding Talk

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1838 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I know many married people that I did not see get married.

Sometimes it is because I was not invited - other times it was because I was not able to attend - and other times they may have gotten married before I knew them.

Should I ask each couple I did not actually see get married "why are you alone"?

As long as they are legally married, what do you think should be done? Please elaborate ...

What should be done? Congratulate the new couple and pray for the best I guess. If they both were Christians in good standing before they wed, I don’t see that a private wedding as anything but that.

We don’t have the role of policing the friends or to being their conscience. I’m not trying to start a debate, I only wish to be a voice that suggests everyone is always trying to do their best in an honorable way and Jehovah will bring to light any misuse of ones freedom of choice. If we always think the best of one another our life is easier and they are happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just going to be honest here.  We moved up our wedding date to prevent anything from happening (even with chaperones).  I never imagined anyone else would think we had done something wrong.  I have never thought of other couples that way either and over the years have seen many couples do the same thing.    My husband at the time, had privileges in the congregation and maintained those after the wedding, so hopefully the friends weren't thinking we had been inappropriate.  

8 hours ago, Naturale said:

What happens when a couple go and get married somewhere else without telling anyone?  I've known that happen.

Nothing

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I wasn't critiquing your word choice order, but sharing the probable source of the comment.  

Sorry, I should have put "Now I get it. Thank you" in a separate paragraph, because it applied to the video, not to the word order.