JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Her Husband's Friend

kejedo

Her Husband's Friend

.Her husband thought he could be married and have children while still holding on to his secret friend.

Even when he was with his wife or children, he was thinking of his friend.

His friend had such a hold on him, he was unable to be a competent husband.

He was a negligent father.

He could not admit that being with his friend was destroying his family.

He was the type that liked to have his cake and eat it, too.

What's wrong with that?

Many before him had pulled it off, he was sure.

He did not think that he was necessarily putting his friend first, before wife and children. But, he would not give up his friend.

He had even gone to family counseling, time and again, fruitlessly. He had never admitted his devotion to his friend.

He did not think of his friend as a rival to his wife.

He had a right to have a family and still keep his friend. "It's my prerogative," he said to himself.

Some times he would be out 'til the wee hours, cavorting with his friend.

He kept a vomit bucket by his side of the bed, to accommodate for the after effects of late night escapades with his friend.

He didn't always get in trouble with his friend, but when he did run into trouble, his friend was always with him.

His friend had him in such a stir, that sometimes he made senseless decisions.

One late night he drove his car up the side of a street curb and blew out two tires, but was able to get away unscathed.

His damaged family would try to ask about his friend sometimes, but he would shut them right up.

He was admitting nothing. He would betray his wife and children; He would never betray his friend.

Decade after decade, he kept on with his friend. It had become the most important relationship in his life, maybe his only real relationship. Truth be told, he did not totally love his family, but he was very devoted to his friend.

Suddenly he became ill, and started withering away.

When he could muster up a little strength, he would sneak time with his friend.

His wife and children were his caretakers as he quickly deteriorated.

He had always put his friend before his wife.

He had always put his friend above his children.

Yet, his wife and children were all with him, there be his side.

His friend was not there during his last breathing moments.

His friend was alcohol.

Edited by kejedo

32 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Her Husband's Friend

.Her husband thought he could be married and have children while still holding on to his secret friend.

Even when he was with his wife or children, he was thinking of his friend.

His friend had such a hold on him, he was unable to be a competent husband.

He was a negligent father.

He could not admit that being with his friend was destroying his family.

He was the type that liked to have his cake and eat it, too.

What's wrong with that?

Many before him had pulled it off, he was sure.

He did not think that he was necessarily putting his friend first, before wife and children. But, he would not give up his friend.

He had even gone to family counseling, time and again, fruitlessly. He had never admitted his devotion to his friend.

He did not think of his friend as a rival to his wife.

He had a right to have a family and still keep his friend. "It's my prerogative," he said to himself.

Some times he would be out 'til the wee hours, cavorting with his friend.

He kept a vomit bucket by his side of the bed, to accommodate for the after effects of late night escapades with his friend.

He didn't always get in trouble with his friend, but when he did run into trouble, his friend was always with him.

His friend had him in such a stir, that sometimes he made senseless decisions.

One late night he drove his car up the side of a street curb and blew out two tires, but was able to get away unscathed.

His damaged family would try to ask about his friend sometimes, but he would shut them right up.

He was admitting nothing. He would betray his wife and children; He would never betray his friend.

Decade after decade, he kept on with his friend. It had become the most important relationship in his life, maybe his only real relationship. Truth be told, he did not totally love his family, but he was very devoted to his friend.

Suddenly he became ill, and started withering away.

When he could muster up a little strength, he would sneak time with his friend.

His wife and children were his caretakers as he quickly deteriorated.

He had always put his friend before his wife.

He had always put his friend above his children.

Yet, his wife and children were all with him, there be his side.

His friend was not there during his last breathing moments.

His friend was alcohol.

Very powerful and, sadly, all too true. :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 11 months later...

I'm glad we have a writing club here. My older brother is now full time in a VA nursing home, not in the truth. I am pretty much the only relative who keeps in touch with him. He has been bounced all around and I find him, every time. I sent him a card with one scripture. He said he wrote back to me, but I didn't get the letter. (I think he had someone help him with the letter, b/c he wanted to send me a few dollars toward my phone bill since I telephone him wherever he is. Additionally. he  was in a coma close to twenty years ago.) He has had some cognitive and physical disabilities since then.  I intend to follow up with this. I have another relative that I send cards or letters with scriptures. He writes back. It is a gradual effort, I think, for some who have had long addiction histories like both of these relatives of mine.  Our personal stories of how the truth changed lives keeps me hopeful. 

Edited by kejedo