JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Horses

Bek

When I was in my early teens, I was sent to help my grans in the countryside. In those early post-Soviet days, my grandpa used to help out some neighbours with roofing and other building things. Country folks had little cash in hand, so the neighbour gave a little foal to my grandpa for his help. When I arrived from town, he took me to the shed and showed me a tall long-legged foal. It was a chestnut foal with a star on its forehead with white markings around its feet. There was one odd thing about it - its one eye was almost white. So my granpa said we would call him Chekir, which literally means wall-eyed. I looked after it for a few months and then when it turn one, my granpa said it was time to break it. For a city boy like me, it was a scary prospect, but I learnt quickly and after many falls, I eventually tamed Chekir. That is how my love of horses started. :) 

There are many horse breeds in Central Asia, but the most prized ones are the Russian Orlov, Donchak and the Turkmen Akhal-Teke. 

This is Orlov

Orlov.jpg.7fe763a1192bc40c74cc9fbfa86d9a6f.jpg

This is Donchak 

Donchak.jpg.c8787c691b985babca362cbb0dc77e2c.jpg

This is Akhal-Teke 

akhal-teke.jpg.b79940084c6a41a42fa74e5a1806105e.jpg

On 4/21/2019 at 3:44 AM, Bek said:

When I was in my early teens, I was sent to help my grans in the countryside. In those early post-Soviet days, my grandpa used to help out some neighbours with roofing and other building things. Country folks had little cash in hand, so the neighbour gave a little foal to my grandpa for his help. When I arrived from town, he took me to the shed and showed me a tall long-legged foal. It was a chestnut foal with a star on its forehead with white markings around its feet. There was one odd thing about it - its one eye was almost white. So my granpa said we would call him Chekir, which literally means wall-eyed. I looked after it for a few months and then when it turn one, my granpa said it was time to break it. For a city boy like me, it was a scary prospect, but I learnt quickly and after many falls, I eventually tamed Chekir. That is how my love of horses started. :) 

There are many horse breeds in Central Asia, but the most prized ones are the Russian Orlov, Donchak and the Turkmen Akhal-Teke. 

This is Orlov

Orlov.jpg.7fe763a1192bc40c74cc9fbfa86d9a6f.jpg

This is Donchak 

Donchak.jpg.c8787c691b985babca362cbb0dc77e2c.jpg

This is Akhal-Teke 

akhal-teke.jpg.b79940084c6a41a42fa74e5a1806105e.jpg

I've never seen a horse as unusual looking as the last one..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

I've never seen a horse as unusual looking as the last one..

A keen eye for details, sister Sandra. You must know a lot about horses.

The Akhal-Teke  is a horse breed from Turkmenistan, where they are a national emblem. They have a reputation for speed and endurance, intelligence, and a distinctive metallic sheen. The shiny coat of palominos and buckskins led to their nickname "Golden Horses". These horses are adapted to severe climatic conditions. 

Image result for Akhal-Teke

Palomino is a genetic color in horses, consisting of a gold coat and white mane and tail, the degree of whiteness can vary from bright white to yellow.

Edited by M'Awan