JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Amway protein powder - nutrilite.

I was suggested by a nutrition doctor to take amway protein powder since I was suffering from gastritis/ulcer.

Any idea whether this is a right product?

My question is

Since I have digestion problems, won't it be heavy on my stomach?

Pls suggest.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, dilip kumar said:

I was suggested by a nutrition doctor to take amway protein powder since I was suffering from gastritis/ulcer.

Any idea whether this is a right product?

My question is

Since I have digestion problems, won't it be heavy on my stomach?

Pls suggest.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

My father on 2012 caused by ulcer but he take these types of powder, tonic, medicine regularly its not cure it caused cancer. Now my father not live

So Brother my suggestion is don't take any medicine, powders,  tonics regularly 

Because its was only temporary relief. So please changes food items (eg don't eat non veg food items, Avoid alcohol, Cut down on caffeine.

Avoid foods that are spicy.

Chocolate, citrus fruits, and tomato-based products can trigger heartburn in some people.

Eat a diet rich in fiber, especially from fruits and vegetables.

Avoid foods that are fried or high in fat.

Eat five to six small meals a day instead of three larger meals. It is important that you avoid overeating. Frequent, smaller meals will be more comfortable and easier on the stomach than two or three large meals a day.

Rest and relax a few minutes before and after each meal, as well as remaining relaxed during meals.) 

Your brother 

ARUMUGA RAJA 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:28 PM, dilip kumar said:

She is a amway agent. But whatever she says... Would the product act the way as she says.?

Do you have information on the ingredients in it? (like soy, wheat, whey, etc.)

What about the nutrients it provides? (like specific amino acids, vitamins, minerals, etc.)

Knowing this will help to answer your question better.

In general, protein powders used alone in a shake made with water will be lightest on your digestion. Taste & texture aren't always palatable, so people will add things to it: berries are a popular add-on; leafy greens is another popular add-on; both provide much variety.

Perhaps in her suggestion she is thinking along the lines of easing your digestion while the ulcer heals. That can be done first by reducing or eliminating foods that are known to irritate you: spicy foods, high-fiber foods, and foods you are allergic to are common irritants. Digestion can be eased also by making foods more liquid, or softer, such as with soups and purees; thus breaking down the foods prior to eating them. The more liquid they are, the less the digestive processes have to work. The less work in digestion translates to less acids or other by-products that would irritate the ulcer and inhibit healing.

I would suggest you discover the ingredients & nutrients in the suggested protein powder and then research how they would impact your body. 

Might also be wise to look at the cost of her suggestion and compare that to other products with the same ingredient/nutrient factors. 

(Edited to add this) Amway produces more than one type of protein powder. So perhaps you can get the information about all of them to make a more educated decision. 

In addition - there are many healthcare practitioners that support and/or promote specific products. In most cases these people have done their 'homework' and researched the products enough to feel comfortable suggesting them to their patients/clients. Ask questions of your provider to determine this for sure. As with anything in this system, there are those who are only doing it for the money they get in it and we each must do our own investigation to attempt to avoid being taken advantage of.

And, if it matters, I am a former Amway 'agent' (as you put it), and a former Shaklee distributor as well, and currently working with Melaleuca - The Wellness Company. I've researched a lot of protein powders over the years, including many others not produced by any of the above companies. :)

Edited by Anakalia