JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Frustration Reigns

I have three separate problems involving three separate devices, but in order for my brain to process your help I'll deal with one at a time.

First Problem is my Tablet with my precious information on it.

I have a Samsung Tablet S 10.5 ... now ... we all know as opposed to Apple, Samsung has a very limited internal storage space capacity - with most of its core apps taking up a good percentage - having to extend memory with SD cards, especially when it comes to jwlibrary app.

Now, my problem is ... I had a smaller SD card in it than what I have now, and as my 'internal' storage had gone up to around 75 - 77% I couldn't work out why as all the apps I was using except one had been transferred to the card. Jwlibrary and all my photo albums are on the SD Card.  So I changed to a bigger SD Card hoping it would solve the problem but no, internal storage went down initially to 69% then as I uploaded broadcastings etc to my CARD - the storage increased. I've deleted all unneeded storage through General - storage - then deleting cache. So there's nothing untoward there.

I've checked all folders on device to see if there's anything taking up the room there - and there's nothing.

So it's got me wondering if when I upload to the Card it's sending duplicate files somewhere on the Device? I'm just not getting it - HELP!

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I've noticed that JWL app doesn't seem to stay on the SD card, just the mp3s and video can be put on the card. So if you have a lot of publications, bibles, magazines and stuff downloaded, I think they stay in the internal memory. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes I've noticed it does swap as does Netflix and Wish as well .. so when my storage levels go up - that's the first thing I check and I have to pop it back onto the card. But that doesn't have an effect on the problem which happens even when they are staying on the card.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I've noticed that JWL app doesn't seem to stay on the SD card, just the mp3s and video can be put on the card. So if you have a lot of publications, bibles, magazines and stuff downloaded, I think they stay in the internal memory.  

That would be correct.

7 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Yes I've noticed it does swap as does Netflix and Wish as well .. so when my storage levels go up - that's the first thing I check and I have to pop it back onto the card. But that doesn't have an effect on the problem which happens even when they are staying on the card.

Yes, I am also noticing something like this.

I have a Samsung Note 10.1 P600. I have popped in a bigger sd card, but the Android OS is not friendly to external cards. This was fixed in the later Android OS, but Samsung never made it available for the 10.1. They want to sell you a new one.
I use an app called All-In-One Toolbox to manage my files, and seems to keep it going OK.
However, I have also uninstalled the bloatware that comes from Samsung. This frees up some internal memory.

Just Older

Okay sounds like I'm doing all I can on that one then.

I'm working on the other two problems I have and if they don't get fixed i'll be back.

Thanks everyone!

Oooh thank you

Not too sure what to do on that page, but I really appreciate your help. 

Edited by Stormswift