JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

With the reminders of hiding spiritual food, digital as well. I was thinking shouldn't we have a contigency plan for if the tablet/phone did fall into the wrong hands?

There exists vault apps. Apps that can hide your pics, messages, and files behind a safe. Some disguise the safe as a calculator app that you put in a number to unlock, others are less subtle. The ones that are really useful are the ones that can lock down any app i.e. JWLibrary . But those are less subtle and more obvious.

Anyone got any suggestions or a favorite?

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

I was thinking shouldn't we have a contigency plan for if the tablet/phone did fall into the wrong hands?

I think that when we are in the throws of the GT and they find a device they just won't give it back. I know there are vaults to hide the APPS and if you think they might want to use it as evidence against us, well, they will probably plant something on our phone more insidious than that to get at us. They already did that to a Brother, I think it was Russia, within the last few years. They could even plant a whole device and say it is ours.

The GB just doesn't want our devices or literature found EASILY so, come up with hiding places. They won't be foolproof and possibly it will take help from Jehovah for them to accidentally overlook things (which did happen during Nazi Germany) but taking the steps to hide them to keep ourselves spiritually fed and encouraged is the key.

We could record all the important publications on a small chip and have it implanted under our scalp with the mini usb connector hidden in our hair. When needed, we could hook up with any device and download the necessary literature and share it with others. :D