JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mitt Romney and the White Horse Prophecy

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4441 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"The Mormons are the Chosen People. And the time is now for a Mormon leader to usher in the second coming of Christ and install the political Kingdom of God in Washington, D.C....

... And the time is now for a Mormon leader to usher in the second coming of Christ and install the political Kingdom of God in Washington, D.C.”

This article is funny. :shutup:

http://www.salon.com/2012/01/29/mitt_and_the_white_horse_prophecy/singleton/.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

I found this part surprising: "Such regular (fireside) testimonies encouraged the students to live devout lives and to resist the encroaching outside influences overtaking the nation at large. “It helps them cope with such external pressures as evolution-teaching professors and cranky anthropologists who expect answers that conflict with LDS teachings,” according to James Coates, author of “In Mormon Circles.”

We had a pair of Mormon missionaries call on my parents home. One of them was training to be a Doctor and used his time trying to convince us that a person can believe in God and evolution. He used the mistaken idea that we were meant to walk on all fours because "why else do we humans get so much back trouble?"

"-Perhaps it's more likely to be because we have fallen and injured ourselves; lifted things wrongly; slouch /sit on the wrong part of our spines and strain ourselves; Get overweight and the extra fat does not distribute evenly and throws our bodies out of kilter; our mattresses or the shoes we wear are not correct to support our backs- some of these reasons would be more logical and useful than the evolution misconception that could mislead some doctors to not getting treatment for people soon enough, as they feel it's 'natural' and, to some extent, we have to live with it!" was my mother's reply.

"The Mormons are the Chosen People. And the time is now for a Mormon leader to usher in the second coming of Christ and install the political Kingdom of God in Washington, D.C....

... And the time is now for a Mormon leader to usher in the second coming of Christ and install the political Kingdom of God in Washington, D.C.”

This article is funny. :shutup:

http://www.salon.com/2012/01/29/mitt_and_the_white_horse_prophecy/singleton/.

Very interesting. I haven't bothered to read anything about that typical political jerk up to now. The article is a nice condensation of what Romney is about and what he might be up to.(td)

If you follow the link in the article about the world's fastest growing religions it has some interesting info.

yeah, I chased that link too--I kinda knew what it was going to say, from something else I had read earlier, but it was cool to read it again....>:D<