JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

St. Louis International Convention

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1726 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yesterday we just arrived in St.Louis and the airport welcome was incredible. I have never experienced such an amazing show of love. Some had traveled for 3 hours just to welcome us with banners. We have been lovingly looked after every step of the way. We didn’t have to buy MetroLink tickets, the brothers handed us tickets and stayed with us all the way to our hotel, and the hotel had a welcome committee to settle us in with a bag of gifts too. We just had a tour of the blues museum with an orchestra of brothers and sisters singing (blues style) kingdom songs so beautiful, we are really feeling the love. 💙

5D7EDA9B-B33B-471B-89E2-42EA5F3275FC.jpeg

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Enjoy the BBQ!...

I'm telling you this now the Hospitality Committee trained us as a host City that being Phoenix that we respect the delegates way of Engagement with us. therefore if they want to shake hands shake hands if they want to nod just nod and if they want to hug hug. However you will realize Jehovah is going to break down cultures and make everyone show the love Watch What Happens by the time you leave! Jehovah is going to have you hugging and crying like never before!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On 8/13/2019 at 6:05 AM, Chris7 said:

We have been lovingly looked after every step of the way. We didn’t have to buy MetroLink tickets, the brothers handed us tickets and stayed with us all the way to our hotel, and the hotel had a welcome committee to settle us in with a bag of gifts too.💙

That sounds so good ! Thank you for sharing. One of the most memorable conventions I went to was the international convention in Melbourne at the Etihad stadium. There was over 70,000 bros and sis. in attendance. A friend actually started a bible study with one of the venue coordinators. 

melbourne international convention.jpg

On 8/16/2019 at 7:49 AM, Tbs77 said:

Let us know which GB member you get and helper! emoji6.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They had Splane and Noumair. Their talks were streamed to Sacramento. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It was a pleasure having all of the delegates here in my home state of Missouri. We almost didn't get to host that convention, the branch told us we were a dark horse. But at the end they said it maybe have been the best of the 2019 season. I had so much fun hosting all the friends and serving our brothers each day at the convention. A lot of work out brothers put into it. Some had been working for 2 years, others like myself had been working for the past 8 months. The families in the evening program would travel 3 hours to st Louis every week just to practice their part.

But the love shown was unlike anything I had ever seen. 

Did you make it to the evening program and have some BBQ? 6 tons of meat where smoked over the course of the convention.

I am very sad it is over...but I look forward to the day when every day is just like that!!! 

13 hours ago, jwhess said:

My niece was there with the Croatian convention (simultaneously)

So on Sunday they brought the almost 4 Croatian brothers out after the closing prayer. My assignment as an attendant at that time was to keep the area clear for the almost 400 brothers. They stood shoulder to shoulder on the concourse. Together all 28k sang 10 kingdom songs together...so emotional. Some of our Croatian friends sung In their native tongue. 

Attached is a video...sorry it's tough to record and watch out for the safety of the friends at the same time...lol

12 minutes ago, Jstuart85 said:

Streamed to Montego bay Jamaica, 2 cities In Texas and Romeoville Illinois.

Romeoville. The local Assembly Hall Overseer and the Romeoville Assembly Hall Overseer traded places a few years ago. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D