JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fresh milk straight from the vats.

This is a link to a story of a Brother and Sister who run the Okoia Milk where I live. This is what we drink every day or at least have in our coffee/tea.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/115373327/raw-milk-on-tap-at-coinoperated-rural-drivethrough?fbclid=IwAR3Sw9dWQHgpWZnvikJlfHXUsd1fFF3qwA8U1-YSlNXpiGqdh7Sinf9fXGg

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

200 lt of milk every day from 14 cows. That is 105,000 dollars a year at 1.45 US dollars for 1 litre. Not bad for a small farming business. Even if you get to keep only half of the money after tax and expenses, it is still decent. :)

A few days ago, I watched a travel vlog about my home country by someone who has been to many places. He said that of all the countries he has visited, New Zealand comes closest to Kyrgyzstan in terms of views and nature. No wonder both of them are big on animal farming. 

Yes, it is very lovely. I live only a few kilometres from the mountains. It is so peaceful away from town. You can see sheep and cattle grazing on the slopes. 

By the way, I also learnt a few days ago that the Kyrgyz originally used tattoos too just like the Maori. It turns out that married Kyrgyz women had tattoos on their necks and married men on their hands to show their marital status. It was in a way like a wedding ring or a stamp in a passport today. I thought that it was very interesting. 

Yes very interesting. The Wahine (Maori woman) will have a moko tattooed on her chin and one or both of her lips tattooed to indicate lineage.

Men still in places have their lineage tattooed in a full facial and body. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I grew up drinking raw milk, skimming the heavy cream and making our own butter

We also had fresh eggs and more chicken and beef then I can say ... very rarely had pork because we didn't have pigs

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yes we also get fresh eggs, raw honey, and we have market gardens nearby with fresh veges ... our Butcher is the last one left in town, at least the last that sources his own meat. So we are really blessed in NZ to have pretty wholesome food - not far away we can get potatoes, carrots etc grown in volcanic soil ... and of course all our cows are grass fed and live in the pastures. We even have a windmill down the road in Foxton that grinds their own flour. Imagine the quality food we will have in the new system?