JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help locating talk

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1713 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move to correct one.  Thanks.

Recently there was a talk on the broadcast which asked something to the effect of which person would u miss, the one who can relate all the facts/ info or the one who is caring.  (Those were not the wording use but I think the jest of the comment) (obviously I need to listen to the talk again and pay better attention this time).  Anyway, if anyone can make sense of this and remembers what talk I'm referring to, I would be most grateful.  I watched it during a very trying time for me and as you can see, did not really get the sense of it.  Thank you all greatly!  

Edited by Bubbles

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

1 hour ago, Bubbles said:

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move to correct one.  Thanks.

Recently there was a talk on the broadcast which asked something to the effect of which person would u miss, the one who can relate all the facts/ info or the one who is caring.  (Those were not the wording use but I think the jest of the comment) (obviously I need to listen to the talk again and pay better attention this time).  Anyway, if anyone can make sense of this and remembers what talk I'm referring to, I would be most grateful.  I watched it during a very trying time for me and as you can see, did not really get the sense of it.  Thank you all greatly!  

Do you remember who the speaker was or when you saw it? Was it a broadcast, or morning worship? That could help to know where to look.

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

1 hour ago, Buttrfly71 said:

Do you remember who the speaker was or when you saw it? Was it a broadcast, or morning worship? That could help to know where to look.

No, I just remember it was on the broadcast, I'm thinking perhaps about a month or so ago.  Sorry.  I'm not much help.  I'll keep looking.  Thank you.  

I'm beginning to think it was a comment made in one of the talks from the convention.  These last few months have been quite a blurr.  Well, I'll just have to watch the convention all over again.  It will do me good.  Thanks. 

My faulty memory seems to think Bro Lett said it. Since the RC was about love, it makes sense that is where we heard it. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

29 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

My faulty memory seems to think Bro Lett said it. Since the RC was about love, it makes sense that is where we heard it. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. 

Thanks. I certainly don't trust my memory from these last couple months.   Who knows, maybe I dreamt it.  🤔

I'll enjoy watching the convention again, this time more focused so it's all good.  

1 minute ago, TonyWenz said:

I'm thinking it might be a graduation talk.... I'm pretty sure its more than a month or 2 ago...

Just Older emoji856.png

That's quite possible.   What feels like a month or so could easily be several months longer.  

Ah, I found it.  It was Brother Left, last talk of the IC,  Friday afternoon.  He gave an illustration; in part he said, 'Some brothers are like a walking Insight book.  Ask them any question, they can answer that question.....Other brothers are very mild, gentle and loving.  When they die, which one do you miss the most?' 

Thanks everyone. 

10 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Glad to hear you found it. I have not attended the IC yet, but I thought I had heard it before...
Oh well....

Just Older emoji856.png

Hmmm... did we just catch you snooping around the IC spoilers? 😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D