JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Historic Hurricane Dorian Pummels Bahamas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1694 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/united-states/Historic-Hurricane-Dorian-Pummels-Bahamas/

The United States branch office continues to gather information while monitoring the storm’s impact on our brothers and also on branch-owned properties. At this time, there have been no reported injuries among the 46 publishers in the two congregations on Great Abaco Island. However, the only Kingdom Hall on the island was destroyed.

On Grand Bahama Island, there are four congregations and 364 publishers. Initial reports indicate that 196 of our brothers are displaced and 22 homes have sustained damage. Three homes have been destroyed.

:( 

Perfect Scripture for the end of the article:

God is our refuge and strength 
A help that is readily found in times of distress. 
 That is why we will not fear, though the earth undergoes change,

The earth down there certainly underwent a change! 

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

An important lesson for us all:

Trust in Jehovah!  Never doubt Jehovah! Following direction is of utmost importance for what lies head.

https://vimeo.com/363402206

Sorry to say, I can't see the video. It says:

Vimeo.thumb.JPG.835d4c742f300306e64523877ff47e4c.JPG

I wish I could trust Jehovah to fix it...

LOL@ Eric!  Jehovah provides my brother! :D

I have a sneaky suspicion that the video I watched may be used in a future segment of JWB. (imo.) My reasoning is that, (1) the video was HD/high grade (2) beautiful landscape/background (2) a sister being interviewed with a brother with an American accent (4) the questions reflected on being obedient and following directions in a crisis and finally...the word "draft" was labeled in the title.

This draft video I saw reminds me of the encouraging videos on JWB featuring Haiti and the crisis they went through as well.

Anyway, we shall see! :)