JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A better life style

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1653 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 hours ago, thegreenjudy said:

Are some house designs healthier than others? 🤔

It involves so many aspects of life and health.  Cost of upkeep (time and materials). Amount of materials needed just for you and your project.  Is the structure low impact environmentally or does it require a lot of resources to operate. And so on.  Look at these two examples as to cost, health and joy...❤️

NYC Empire State Building or Fiji Islands.  One is mechanically ventilated and lighted, the other just requires opening the window...:sunshine:

download.jpg

fiji-2.jpg

43 minutes ago, jwhess said:

It involves so many aspects of life and health.  Cost of upkeep (time and materials). Amount of materials needed just for you and your project.  Is the structure low impact environmentally or does it require a lot of resources to operate. And so on.  Look at these two examples as to cost, health and joy...❤️

NYC Empire State Building or Fiji Islands.  One is mechanically ventilated and lighted, the other just requires opening the window...:sunshine:

download.jpg

fiji-2.jpg

I think I'm signed up for the bottom pic. I still have to pack my go bag though..

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

59 minutes ago, jwhess said:

download.jpg

fiji-2.jpg

I would have presumed that nobody would build an empire state building replica in the new world 😂 

But when it comes to normal houses people live in,

I wouldn't think the design matters so much. And although the weather might be more moderate I don't know if it will be everywhere as sunny as in Fiji so might still require a bit more robust materials. Environmentally friendly energy sources can still be used regardless.

1 hour ago, thegreenjudy said:

I would have presumed that nobody would build an empire state building replica in the new world 😂 

But when it comes to normal houses people live in,

I wouldn't think the design matters so much. And although the weather might be more moderate I don't know if it will be everywhere as sunny as in Fiji so might still require a bit more robust materials. Environmentally friendly energy sources can still be used regardless.

Sr. Judy, the pictures I posted were the two extremes for most of us.  The question asked was "did it make any difference"?

The picture at the top of the page was a more temperate climate showing a thatched roof and plank walls.  Many people live in yurts today.  The artists are only guessing.  We know that whatever happens in the New World, it will not have any of Satan's designs or motivation behind it.  "All things will be made new."  That is what our God says.

That's in this system 

I don't think jehovah will allow us to again use pollutants. 

All these concrete jungle structure are made from processing materials that pollute the air the water and the earth

I think we may go back to basics and learn how to maintain the earth jehovah way 

Just now, Rozannnancarrow said:

That's in this system 

I don't think jehovah will allow us to again use pollutants. 

All these concrete jungle structure are made from processing materials that pollute the air the water and the earth

I think we may go back to basics and learn how to maintain the earth jehovah way 

Exactly