JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How to Transfer JW Library content to other devices...

I just want to know on How can I copy or share all the movies and books I have already downloaded in my JW Library app from my computer or on my Android phone to other android devices? 

Our official website was hosted at Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure and uses Akamai CDN web services which all of these incur costs to the JW organization per MB or GB downloaded from our web content. 

I don’t know if this concern is already asked in here.  Please guide me if there is already a previous thread on this.

All I want to know is how to transfer all the files, especially the videos, to other smartphone devices.  The brothers who programmed JW Library should include this functionality so that the society can, in anyway, save hosting expenses from per megabytes download charges.

Thanks

The recent updates to Jwlibrary will let you import Jwlibrary videos into JWLibrary. If you transfer the video to another device,  just click on them and they should open in JWLIBRARY. It only works on videos that are available in JWLIBRARY and are listed in the app catalog. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If you are using an older device, you may need to download another file manager that will associate the file extension with JWL,  some of the older stock android file managers won't associate the file extension with the app.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

The recent updates to Jwlibrary will let you import Jwlibrary videos into JWLibrary. If you transfer the video to another device,  just click on them and they should open in JWLIBRARY. It only works on videos that are available in JWLIBRARY and are listed in the app catalog. 

Do you know where the JWLibrary saves the downloaded publications?

For instance, if I download a watchtower or other .jwpub articles, where does it gets stored on my mobile device?

If we can figure that out, then importing and exporting them manually would be easy.

Currently I've only found storaging folders of the app for the videos you downloaded, but not the publications.

15 minutes ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

Do you know where the JWLibrary saves the downloaded publications?

No, just the media. 

5 hours ago, Nonito said:

All I want to know is how to transfer all the files, especially the videos, to other smartphone devices.  The brothers who programmed JW Library should include this functionality so that the society can, in anyway, save hosting expenses from per megabytes download charges.

Anyway, the brothers are glad to offer those publications for download. Download costs are minimal, otherwise they wouldn't have provided a streaming option for videos.

If you need the files, just download them. I wouldn't be concerned about the cost. It's much more expensive to produce a paper magazine than to download lots of videos.

• 3 weeks later...

I should have included this point in my previous post... 
Here in Philippines, which is a third world country, it cost us really a lot to download the contents in JW Library, that is why I asked it here if it is doable.  I want to share the contents that I already downloaded to some brothers/sisters who are not techie just to save them money and time.
This functionality of the JW app is really a good addition. 
Maybe content tampering is a concern of this, but it can be prevented by using checksum and cryptographic hashes for each individual files which will be downloaded from the server to verify the integrity of the file.