JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

UN Calls on Russia to Release Brother Alushkin

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1646 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/UN-Calls-on-Russia-to-Release-Brother-Alushkin/

The United Nations (UN) Working Group on Arbitrary Detention (WGAD) has published a 12-page opinion condemning Russia for unlawfully arresting and detaining Brother Vladimir Alushkin. The report calls on Russia to release Brother Alushkin and pay him just compensation for violating his rights.

The "wild beast" even recognizes the threat Russia poses. Does this mean that the King of the North will sit up and take notice? Sadly, I don't think it's realistic to expect that. :(

Mr. Alushkin did nothing more than exercise his right to freedom of religion under article 18 of the Covenant [International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, of which Russia is party to]

Wouldn’t it be a twist if something like this annoys Russia to trying to get religion banned in the UN, so they can keep prisoners. Far fetched I know, but the thought just occurred when reading that line.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

43 minutes ago, Sheep said:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/UN-Calls-on-Russia-to-Release-Brother-Alushkin/

The "wild beast" even recognizes the threat Russia poses. Does this mean that the King of the North will sit up and take notice? Sadly, I don't think it's realistic to expect that. :(

I'm guessing their release will only come by Jehovah's hand in a way that others recognize it's Jehovah and no credit is given any Govt or religion for their release. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I'm guessing their release will only come by Jehovah's hand in a way that others recognize it's Jehovah and no credit is given any Govt or religion for their release. 

Jehovah can use anything at His disposal like Cyrus.... He will even use UN to destroy religions. 

5 hours ago, Sheep said:

Is this a fulfillment of another prophecy? Lets see and wait. 

But reports out of the east* and out of the north will disturb him, and he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction.  daniel 11:44  

The article mentions a document published by the UN denouncing the imprisonment of Brother Alushkin. Here is the document:

https://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/Detention/Opinions/Session85/A_HRC_WGAD_2019_34 ADVANCEEDITEDVERSION.pdf

It contains some interesting details.

Edited by Sheep