JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

CO2 Levels

Lewis

There is no sign of a slowdown, let alone a decline in greenhouse gasses concentration in the atmosphere this report says.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/technology/carbon-dioxide-levels-reach-highest-recorded-levels-in-human-history/ar-BBXioIf

We are currently at 410ppm this week and it will keep going up until we break the current record of 415ppm.

Carbon Dioxide Pumphandle 2019.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Australian bushfires help push forecast 2020 CO2 rise, forecast to rise to 417 or greater by May.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/press-office/news/weather-and-climate/2020/2020-global-co2-forecast

Month Forecast CO2 concentration (ppm)
January 413.4
February 414.0
March 414.9
April 416.8
May 417.4
June 416.7
July 414.7
August 412.6
September 411.0
October 411.5
November 413.3
December 414.7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I could actually see the trees on the other side of the valley from where I live, so obviously pollution and smog has a huge impact on our atmosphere. It’s so amazing how quickly the earth was able to clean itself’s but alas once everyone went back to work the smog returned.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So this year bad news and probably more bad news once our air travel is back into full flight. All this greenhouse gasses and contribution to global dimming.

Carbon dioxide emissions are forecast to jump this year by the second biggest annual rise in history, as global economies pour stimulus cash into fossil fuels in the recovery from the Covid-19 recession.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/apr/20/carbon-emissions-to-soar-in-2021-by-second-highest-rate-in-history

AB2CFAD7-95D9-43E2-AB95-5610F43151E6.jpeg.d3289e46e6e38aa8099531b4908d837f.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished a class on Sustainability. It is clear all of this is WELL beyond human control.

I am so glad we know that truth and that we'll have a fix soon. Because otherwise - this would be HUGELY depressing!!

Thanks for all the research and updates. I wish I would have seen this club WHILE I was taking the class.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Jerry, welcome to the club and hope you find this topic of value and of interest.

You are right it is beyond human control now, there would be no hope if it wasn’t for Jehovah’s Kingdom promise, thank goodness for the truth.

Scientist today know what’s about to happen (BOE) and pretty much all say that there is no hope for mankind, they discard the bible as if its a fictional book, how shocked they will be when the great tribulation starts.

I see these scientist chat everyday on the forum I’m a member on and get the real time updates from them so I post when I see something valuable for info. Your welcome to post anything you like.

• 6 months later...

CO2 ppm for 2021

Scientists at Scripps institute recorded all time high of 420.29 ppm on Apr 30 2021,

NOAA’s average for May was 419.13 ppm on their mountaintop,

Scripps institute average for May was 418.92 ppm on their mountaintop,

Month of May is when the highest concentration of CO2 happens,

These are the highest levels since accurate measurements began in 1958. 

Currently, we continue to trend for 435 ppm by 2030.

https://research.noaa.gov/article/ArtMID/587/ArticleID/2764/Coronavirus-response-barely-slows-rising-carbon-dioxide

Edited by Lewis

• 1 month later...

Humans have never been alive with this much CO2, CH4, N2O & SF6 in our atmosphere.

Methane has been drawing everyone’s attention lately as it started to rise about 10 ppb a month starting 3 months ago, before that it was averaging 7-10 ppb a year.

E61FA0F1-C823-4DAA-88AE-A616ADDF8F97.thumb.jpeg.09d8123ef49da2d470d2c97081b7ba0c.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases plunged down 4..6 percent in 2020 as lockdowns in the first half of the year restricted global mobility and hampered economic activity.  

Governments hoped that this would mark the beginning of a more permanent shift downwards in emissions.

The latest data has shown those hopes were dashed as annual global greenhouse gas emissions rebounded to 6.4 percent in 2021 to a new record eclipsing the pre-pandemic peak as global economic activity resumed.

https://www.eurasiareview.com/01072022-greenhouse-emissions-rise-to-record-erasing-drop-during-pandemic-analysis/

image.thumb.jpeg.bd9e7b55dab4a9f0a6b0f0a6530ca5d9.jpeg

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Witness1970 said:

Methane is said to be 20 times as bad as CO2 as a greenhouse gas.  The CO2 in the atmosphere is much higher in concentration.  

I thought I remembered hearing that Methane was 20 times worse than CO2 as a greenhouse gas.  Just this morning, I saw a blurb at the bottom of the screen on TV that said that Methane was 80 times worse as a greenhouse gas than CO2.  I'll have to check on which is more factual.

Methane has about 87 times more warming power than CO2 once it reaches the atmosphere, once it reaches the atmosphere it takes about 3 months to reach max warming power, whereas CO2 takes about 10 years. 

Scientist now believe that the recent spike in methane may be due to 3 years of La Niña which has caused an increase in rainfall in wetlands around the world. 

The CO2eq of all greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is about 510-520 ppm.

• 3 weeks later...

CO2 levels skyrocketed this month, the average annual increase has been about 2.5 ppm for the last ten years as an annual average, this year alone it rose to over 4.2 ppm and we haven’t even peaked yet, the month of May is when the peak happens.

CO2 reached again another record on April 28 at 425.01 ppm

April 29:    424.47 ppm
April 28:    425.01 ppm
April 27:    424.58 ppm
April 26:    424.34 ppm
April 25:    424.78 ppm

The more CO2 that goes in our atmosphere the stronger our storms get worldwide IE: (tornados/hurricanes), the GHG adds energy in the atmosphere charging these storms even more.

• 9 months later...

Another record on the daily CO2 reading, it was measured at 426.50 on February 2, 2024

An average increase is usually around 2.5-2.8ppm for a 10 year period, and right now its averaging at about 5.75ppm

Maximum usually hit around May.

https://gml.noaa.gov/ccgg/trends/weekly.html

February 24:  425.08 ppm

February 23:  Unavailable

February 22:  Unavailable

February 21:  425.28 ppm

February 20:  425.27 ppm

Last Updated: February 25, 2024

Week beginning on February 18, 2024:  425.21 ppm

Weekly value from 1 year ago:  419.68 ppm

Weekly value from 10 years ago:  398.53 ppm

Last updated: February 25, 2024

On 4/9/2023 at 8:57 PM, Lewis said:

Methane has about 87 times more warming power than CO2 once it reaches the atmosphere, once it reaches the atmosphere it takes about 3 months to reach max warming power, whereas CO2 takes about 10 years. 

Scientist now believe that the recent spike in methane may be due to 3 years of La Niña which has caused an increase in rainfall in wetlands around the world. 

The CO2eq of all greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is about 510-520 ppm.

there's 10 billion cows out there breeding to serve us for food. any guess about the methane it releases.