JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Jehovah doesn't love me."

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1598 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Have you had similar thoughts? If so, what can you do whenever they come?

Please consider what is written in Job 4:15-18: Satan the one trying to convince us that we are worthless and unlovable before Jehovah. And why are they doing this?

As with his first lie, his goal is simply to call God a liar! (Genesis 3:3, 4) He knows that Jehovah has declared that he loves us with an everlasting love, (Jeremiah 31:3) and thus he is counteracting that statement.

Secondary to that, he wants us to feel the same weighty sense of condemnation that looms hauntingly over him. (Jude 6)

But come to think about it:

A tree cannot produce both good fruits and worthless fruits, neither can Satan speak good words and worthless words.

If we're willing to believe one of Satan's lies, we should also be willing to believe other of his lies too—the trinity, immortality of the human soul, hellfire, etc. But if we're not willing to believe them, neither should we believe that Jehovah does not love us, for it is just as valid as other of Satan's lies.

Close your eyes for a moment and imagine you're the driver of a bus filled with passengers—the loud passenger is complaining about the speed of your driving, the silent passenger is looking out the window, while the scared passenger is begging you to take another route and the late passenger is urging you to drive faster still.

However, in the midst of all this chaos, you realize that YOU are the driver and you are the one who dictates how fast or how slow the bus moves. After the passengers are done complaining, they will keep silent.

The bus is your head, and the passengers are your thoughts!

A WT article several months ago informed us that if we think God doesn't love us, then we believe that  Jesus' ransom is not good enough for us. We are dust. The very fact that we live is proof that God loves us. Satan wants us to doubt everything that Jehovah has told us. We are too close to the end of this system to be duped now.

On 12/17/2019 at 3:51 AM, Immistic said:

If we're willing to believe one of Satan's lies, we should also be willing to believe other of his lies too—the trinity, immortality of the human soul, hellfire, etc. But if we're not willing to believe them, neither should we believe that Jehovah does not love us, for it is just as valid as other of Satan's lies.

11 minutes ago, tucker said:

A WT article several months ago informed us that if we think God doesn't love us, then we believe that  Jesus' ransom is not good enough for us. We are dust. The very fact that we live is proof that God loves us. Satan wants us to doubt everything that Jehovah has told us. We are too close to the end of this system to be duped now.

I found an interesting Scripture, and it says that God not only created all things, but also is actively preserving them alive even now. (1 Timothy 6:13)

For him to keep on preserving something alive, he loves it. Life is a gift, and you only give a gift to whom you love, not to whom you hate.

It will be nice to make personal application of the ransom, even as holy spirit directed in Galatians 2:20:

The Son of God . . . loved me and handed himself over for me.

Edited by Immistic

Sometimes I think that, because I, myself am aware of my sins. Yes, I know Jesus ransom sacrifice covers our sins. Okay, I believe so.

Here's why I feel this way at times. 

Like today. I was on my way home in a cab that picks up disabled people. The driver and I engaged in small talk, I was looking for the opportunity to bring in God's Kingdom. His driving was aggressive at times, he even said a small cuss word. Finally he said something about the part of the city we live in and how we, (black people) are done by the white man. He made the statement that they're not ruling over us right and that American was going down.

Well I thought, here's my opportunity to bring up the Kingdom. Therefore, I said this whole world is going away. He didn't agree, and said, no just America. Why, I don't know. Anyway, after I brought up the Kingdom at Matthew 6: 9,10. He said something about that's talking about forgiveness and doing good to others. Then I said, not that part, trying to get on common ground. Then he said, you are talking about the Lord's prayer, after I'd asked him what religion he was. He stated he had no religion and that religion is what has the world messed up. He went on to say that he only reads the Bible. Then, he said something about the name of God and that he had no name, nor do we know his name but only his titles. But, he did say that he believed that we were going to live here on earth and not go to heaven but be ruled over from heaven. 

So, I'm thinking, wow! Yes, you are right but by then he'd arrived at my home and I failed to say Jehovah's name and just said a prayer for him to come to accurate knowledge of the truth.

That's when I said to myself, again I have sinned by not mentioning Jehovah's name mainly because he kept speaking over every word I'd say, which made it hard for me to think as I was listening to him so I could come back with what the Bible says. Anyway I got out the van as I was home. 

I keep falling Jehovah and he is not going to continue to excuse me not getting my preaching right. 

I think of 1 Peter 4:3- "For the time that has passed by is sufficient for  you to have done".

I might have applied the scripture wrong but I apply it to my not being a good speaker for the good news as if I was just now learning it. This makes me feel eventually I will lose out on my life and Jehovah will not love me anymore. 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

The way I see it, Sister Charlotte, you have done a marvelous job with the cab driver. I’m too am slow in tongue. I’m not even

0.00001 % the person Moses was when he said at

Ex. 4: 10 Moses now said to Jehovah: “Pardon me, Jehovah, but I have never been a fluent speaker, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant, for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”

Come to think of it, I’m not even half the person you are.

So many a time a glib householder will get the better of me. But I’m quite sure the other person feels real superior to me. If it makes him feel good, then I have done a good enough job. Think about it, the next time a Witness steps into his cab, this man, will be more than willing to listen to anything about God. You just make the next Witness’s work easier. Like John the Baptizer, preparing the way for people to accept the Messiah. So what are the chances of him meeting another Witness. Very good. The angels are taking care of it according to

Rev. 14:6,7   “I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. He was saying in a loud voice: ‘Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of judgment by him has arrived, so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and the springs of water.’”

1 Cor 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always having plenty to do in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in connection with the Lord.

Or like Saul after he mercilessly persecuted the early Christians, did he waste time obsessing about what a worthless person he is. Obviously not. Paul literally threw himself into doing the Lord’s work.

It’s time that people like us should stop self sabotaging our own good intentions. Whenever we obsess over whatever we do, we become our worst enemy. Instead we should be like Paul at

2 Cor 12:10 So I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in times of need, in persecutions and difficulties, for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am powerful.

I think I applied the Scripture wrongly but what the heck, it sounds good.

So if we are not the self assertive type, perhaps we can start off by saying, We’re JW and Jehovah is God’s name. There, done. Let him talk all he wants. Most people love to hear the sound of their own voices. Just give him a tract and let God’s word do the talking.

So most of the time, the adage, ‘Less is more’ is the best way to 'cab'.

WCL  Anne from a little 3rd world country but BIG in heart.

51HTSTMOlzL._SX419_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by M'Awan

over obsessing

Charlotte, maybe you said exactly what the spirit needed you to say. We never know. Sometimes I feel I haven't said enough BUT it may be just what they needed at that time. Also, Jehovah knows you were witnessing. 

I think you did great. You spoke up!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, Life4u said:

That's when I said to myself, again I have sinned by not mentioning Jehovah's name mainly because he kept speaking over every word I'd say, which made it hard for me to think as I was listening to him so I could come back with what the Bible says. Anyway I got out the van as I was home. 

Hi Charlotte,

I am going to try and make you feel much better. :)

Remember, good witnessing, good preaching, is showing good discernment and insight as to when is a more favorable time to mention important things like Jehovah's name or the Kingdom. Especially when talking to someone we barely know. So you showed wonderful discernment by listening first to what interested this taxi driver and then when you saw a favorable time to mention the Kingdom which would solve the problems he mentioned, that seemed to me to be perfect timing on your part! (tu)

And even though the man did not respond well initially, you didn't let that discourage you or stop you, and you kept trying to find a way to reach his heart by trying to find some common ground, so you did a great job! 

The only thing you did wrong :D was afterwards, concluding that you had "sinned" because you hadn't mentioned Jehovah's name. Jehovah is proud of all of His people when they try their best despite the circumstances, or the person's disposition that they are talking to or how little time they have to give a witness. So Jehovah was proud of how you because He observed you trying your best to reach that man with Good News! And imagine if you were traveling farther in the cab and had more time to talk with him, then you may have had the time to mention Jehovah's name since you were already thinking about it and looking for an opportunity but then you arrived at your home. But Jehovah knew what you wre thinking and planning to say, and that also pleased Jehovah! :wub:

And finally, always remember that in our efforts to give a good witness, we are not under the scrutiny of a harsh and rigid boss who expects certain results or he becomes angry with us. No, instead our efforts to witness are observed by, not a harsh boss, but by our loving Father who is very appreciative for every single thing you and I do when trying to give a witness, even if the witness we give is only a few minutes or we only had the opportunity to share 1 spiritual thought. So while you felt you had sinned for not mentioning Jehovah's name, instead Jehovah was grateful for many of the various things you said and tried to say to help that man. What I am telling you here is very important, because if we keep punishing ourselves because of thinking that we keep failing Jehovah, then what kind of person are we saying Jehovah is? So Charlotte, from now on, when you finish witnessing to someone, before you start thinking about what you think you did wrong or what you didn't say, try first to remember your beautiful Father and how grateful and appreciative He is for every minute you spent trying to help someone to learn about Him! And honestly, you should feel very good about the witness you gave in such a brief situation, because how many of us have taken a taxi and never were able to give a witness at all. 

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

On 12/18/2019 at 11:14 PM, Life4u said:

That's when I said to myself, again I have sinned by not mentioning Jehovah's name mainly because he kept speaking over every word I'd say, which made it hard for me to think as I was listening to him so I could come back with what the Bible says.

Hi sister.

Jehovah is an examiner, not of actions, but of hearts—because he knows that sometimes what we say/do does not 100% accurately express what we originally intended to say/do.

Jehovah judges, not just the obvious things, but also every hidden thing as to whether it is good or bad.

You had the intention to mention Jehovah's name, but he kept speaking and didn't give you the chance to do so? Jehovah saw the motive, and that is enough for the One who examines the motives.