JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How Russia Is Stepping Up Its Persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1610 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Once a source of support for the tsars, the resurgent Orthodox church has now become a pillar of Putin’s rule, which Patriarch Kirill has described as a “miracle of God,” and of Russian influence abroad. The state gives tens of millions of dollars to the church each year, and the military is building a 300-foot-tall Orthodox cathedral with steps made of melted down Nazi tanks at a patriotic park outside Moscow.

For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ --Revelation 18:7b

She sits, a queen. But soon, very, VERY soon...  

Revelation 17:15 "...“The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. 16 And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. 17 For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. 18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

Revelation 18:5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. 6 Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.
9 “And the kings of the earth who committed sexual immorality with her and lived with her in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her when they see the smoke from her burning. 10 They will stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say: ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’
21 And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: “Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.

Enjoy your 'tank' 300 foot tall cathedral while you can, BTG.

The bigger (taller) they are, the harder (further) they fall.  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 12/19/2019 at 10:01 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

She sits, a queen. But soon, very, VERY soon...  

Enjoy your 'tank' 300 foot tall cathedral while you can, BTG.

The bigger (taller) they are, the harder (further) they fall.  

Before too long they will be reusing the metal to roll over old Babylons head.  The more I see of this the more I appreciate the poetic justice of Jehovah ensuring Babylon is destroyed by her own lovers.  Her sins will NOT be forgotten!!!!

Nice article.

KINGGS18V3.png

Edited by sunshine

Thinking out loud about the arrogance of the King of the North -- it's just absolutely astounding!

Thank you :heart: Russian family :heart: for your outward faithful example and for showing us the inner peace and calmness the rest of us will need as persecution spreads.

Rosanne...love your post Sis!

Edited by Omoyeme