JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Experience: priorities, Faith and a Blessing

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1577 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I’d like to share a personal experience I had. I was working full time and decided I wanted to look for part time work and reduce my hours in order to pioneer. I approached my employer and asked for my hours to be reduced and they declined and explained that they were no part time vacancies. I wasn’t deterred but started looking and applying for jobs that would be suitable. I was desperate and was applying for any old job. I’m not a morning person and I even applied for jobs as a cleaner staring at 5am in the morning. Anyway time was passing and I hadn’t been successful in finding employment. I would often vent my frustrations to Jehovah that I was unable to find a job and begged for his help to find suitable employment so I could pioneer. A year later (yep I had to wait a whole year) I applied for a job and was successful. It was the perfect job. It was afternoons only so I could go out in service in the mornings. It was an office job the pay and holiday entitlement was much higher than the job I was in and any of the other jobs I had applied for. I handed in my noticed and my current employer then offered me part time hours which I politely declined. Really taught me to be patient and really humbled me. We want things done in our time but Jehovah sees the bigger picture and knows when will be best for things to happen. I was so grateful to Jehovah that he had helped me find the perfect job. 11 years on and I’m still in that job today. Seeing Jehovah’s hand in your life really touches you in a way you never forget. 

14 minutes ago, Strawberrypeach said:

I’d like to share a personal experience I had. I was working full time and decided I wanted to look for part time work and reduce my hours in order to pioneer. I approached my employer and asked for my hours to be reduced and they declined and explained that they were no part time vacancies. I wasn’t deterred but started looking and applying for jobs that would be suitable. I was desperate and was applying for any old job.

thanks for sharing that important point... You shows  us what impatience can do to us. (My wife had exactly the same desperation and started looking at one in two Sat a.m... (something she would NEVER have considered previously)

I’m not a morning person and I even applied for jobs as a cleaner staring at 5am in the morning. Anyway time was passing and I hadn’t been successful in finding employment. I would often vent my frustrations to Jehovah that I was unable to find a job and begged for his help to find suitable employment so I could pioneer.

So pleased you turned to Jehovah with truthful feelings!

A year later (yep I had to wait a whole year) I applied for a job and was successful. It was the perfect job. It was afternoons only so I could go out in service in the mornings. It was an office job the pay and holiday entitlement was much higher than the job I was in and any of the other jobs I had applied for. I handed in my noticed and my current employer then offered me part time hours which I politely declined. Really taught me to be patient and really humbled me.

Love it!  My wife too had to learn that Jehovah supported us in the 'tween' time.

We want things done in our time but Jehovah sees the bigger picture and knows when will be best for things to happen. I was so grateful to Jehovah that he had helped me find the perfect job. 11 years on and I’m still in that job today. Seeing Jehovah’s hand in your life really touches you in a way you never forget. 

Fabulous!.. Thanks for posting that... it balances out the instant blessings, from the, (Jehovah says)... 'wait and see what I'll do for you'

Whilst instant is nice it doesn't always help us.. Jehovah knows that and provides things that can help us for years to come.. I ended up in hospital once and learned something, in those 11 days, that I would never have learned by myself.. and Yes I'd go through it again just to get out of it what I did.. Priceless.

Thanks Izzie

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I set up a recurring donation online.

This year the January donation was transmitted but then nothing. I was mildly conscious that the donations were not happening but it always got put on the back burner.

In December (end of fiscal year) I looked into it and made one bigger donation to get caught up. Shortly after I logged out of my jw.org account my phone rang. It was a customer calling to place their order, a sale I was hoping to make.

I had to chuckle. Thank you Jehovah !!