JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mr.Scary, Big Muscle and the Professor.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1568 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

This is real experience was related to us by our CO. (I will try to keep it short)

Famous Stem-cell professor from India moves to Australia, gets the truth, but after one year becomes inactive.

Let's call him "Professor"

After 14 years, starts to attend meetings in a local congregation here in Melbourne.

He only attends ..only listens....does not participate...zero activity, just seats there.

In the meantime another fellow starts attending meeting and chooses to seat next to "Professor"

We will call another fellow "Mr.Scary"

Each meeting they Mr.Scary engages Professor in the conversation.

As it happens Mr.Scary just left New Zealand - were he was one of the main characters of certain violent gang (most likely Boss, been to prison for on/off 20 years, and done terrible things)

Mr.Scary likes what he hears at the meeting, asks "Professor" to study with him.

The Professor went home, and decided in order to teach Mr.Scary he himself needs to get his act together, so he studies deep, starts answering at the meetings , goes eventually in the ministry.

So now reactivated Professor studies with Mr.Scary.

Mr.Scary got baptized at our 2019 Melbourne IC (wonderful)

But now the twist....  in the same congregation another ex-gangster from New Zealand got the truth, and he was from rivaling gang.

Let's name him Mr.Big-Muscle (he was 150kg and very rough looking)

Mr.Scary always lived in fear of Mr.Muscle - thought that one day he will kill him. (They hated each other)

Now Mr.Scary and Mr.Big-Muscle are rocking the neighborhood with good news together ...Professor is there too.

I love these kinds of experiences so much

Now Mr.Scary and Mr.Big-Muscle are rocking the neighborhood with good news together ...Professor is there too.

Wow, thank you, Br. Greg, for this beautiful story! I really love it. I hope the new brothers will continue to :rockon:

I think there is a video about two former gangsters who became JWs and then met up one day to hug each other. 

Edited by Bek

2 hours ago, Bek said:

I think there is a video about two former gangsters who became JWs and then met up one day to hug each other. 

Perhaps it's them.... I would recognize faces ..I know how they look (all of them)

CO showed us photos.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

36 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Perhaps it's them.... I would recognize faces ..I know how they look (all of them)

CO showed us photos.

The video I was talking about is actually about a former cop and a gangster. I have just searched for it. So it is not really the same as your story. 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODIntExpTransformations/pub-jwb_201701_4_VIDEO

While doing a search on jw.org, I also found another video about former enemies who became JWs and then later close friends. 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODIntExpTransformations/pub-jwbvs_201506_1_VIDEO

It is amazing what the truth can do. :)

Edited by Bek

9 hours ago, Bek said:

The video I was talking about is actually about a former cop and a gangster. I have just searched for it. So it is not really the same as your story. 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODIntExpTransformations/pub-jwb_201701_4_VIDEO

While doing a search on jw.org, I also found another video about former enemies who became JWs and then later close friends. 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODIntExpTransformations/pub-jwbvs_201506_1_VIDEO

It is amazing what the truth can do. :)

Thanks Bek for posting them :thumbsup:

I am going to do family worship this week ..around experiences.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)