JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Arctic Sea Ice

• 2 weeks later...

Arctic sea Ice has hit lowest today for this time of the season, I expect to see more records as the year goes on. With pollution decreasing around the world because of Covid-19, we should expect a lot of heat rising this year and more record melting.

01EA76F5-18CD-4536-B4AE-078BCB33EC5C.jpeg.cce925f6392cdb15f13daa4f05be55d1.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Judah Cohen a PH.D in Meteorologist who studies polar air circulation and also predicts long term forecasts. Long term forecasts over the arctic are always difficult but he is considered one of the best.

Below is his forecast for July, if it holds up it wont be good.

4E4A90C6-A7D3-4EAE-A69B-7CE4AAA931E2.jpeg.bcbe10b228d83a2fa287bc39ed17d747.jpeg

And Zack Labe another meteorologist who also supports the forecast.

F833CE57-D0D4-469E-A164-1C76771A86B2.jpeg.602b8c5df5ea34e7ab324820766d389c.jpeg

It seems that the high pressure system and the reduction of aerosols are having an effect in the North Pole right now, the heatwave that was in Siberia in June has now shifted to North Pole. There was a record drop of ice of 194,704 km2 just today, average since July 1st has been over 100 - 130k per day.

It is going to be an interesting second half of the melting season. 

99FCAF07-BE19-472E-894C-D3D7CC9FCA6E.jpeg.8ad9f87ea407cdb5dca5e9fb1678004f.jpeg

85C85276-1DAA-4598-B1DD-71E2A54D540B.jpeg.a4106f8fbfb7be815464b81b95dd12cb.jpeg

Sorry, but the cat in Lewis's video was too distracting for me to watch it very far.  

I do think about global warming but also believe that this planet has cycles. It goes warmer then goes colder for, possibly decades. Do I have scientific proof of this right now, nup. Almost bed time for me. But perhaps we could look at the planet's weather cycle. I might just do that tomorrow in between work.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 7/6/2020 at 10:40 PM, bagwell1987 said:

Sorry, but the cat in Lewis's video was too distracting for me to watch it very far.  

I do think about global warming but also believe that this planet has cycles. It goes warmer then goes colder for, possibly decades. Do I have scientific proof of this right now, nup. Almost bed time for me. But perhaps we could look at the planet's weather cycle. I might just do that tomorrow in between work.

Thanks for your comment Cheryl, yeah cats are always distracting aren’t they.😀

Yes I agree that our planet have weather cycles, but when the earths energy is imbalanced then that when you start to get weird weather cycles because man has ruined the earth by polluting it and causing greenhouse gasses to be emitted into our atmosphere that causes Global Warming and also the aerosol masking effect that causes Global Dimming. 

Once the Arctic has its first Blue Ocean Event, Global Warming will go nuclear. Meaning its going to get much much worst due to the feedback loops that will come from it. It’s pretty much guaranteed to have an Ice free arctic within 10 years as early as this year, just don't know. The ice in the Arctic is melting so fast this month as there is a heatwave that is pounding SIberia and the Arctic. Ive been monitoring the Ice for a long time and this is the worst I have ever seen it. This I know, the great tribulation is soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Arctic sea ice update. It’s now 655,000 km2 below the next lowest year.

We’re 1.06 million km2 below the 2010s average, 1.98 million km2 below the 2000s average, 2.78 million km2 below 1990s average, 3.31 million km2 below the 1980s average

• 1 month later...

2020 became the second lowest ice minimum on record today with still two weeks left until 2020 melting season ends.

Previous second lowest was 2019 with an weak El Niño year, 2012 is first lowest minimum but only because there was a major storm that happened for two weeks at the end of melting season. 

2020 made it to second place, without extreme weather. melting momentum.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a graph to see how the ice has diminished since the 80s. About a week or so left until 2020 ice minimum, don’t think we will beat 2012 record. 2020 was a regular year as far as melt seasons goes and to melt this much shows how much our planet has warmed rapidly. Had we had an El Niño this year, who knows how low it would have gotten, the next El Niño Year will be scary no doubt.

2BF6746D-65E3-4127-9486-E1A727F17965.thumb.jpeg.b411a94c4277f6260d21c96888e7bd6b.jpeg

A really good explanation of what is happening in the Arctic with the wildfires going on and how thats affecting the weird Jet-stream behaviour Recently and producing other feedback loops for the rest of the world. Things aren’t looking good for the next decade.

Arctic disintegration is worst than we thought. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 4:21 AM, Lewis said:

A really good explanation of what is happening in the Arctic with the wildfires going on and how thats affecting the weird Jet-stream behaviour Recently and producing other feedback loops for the rest of the world. Things aren’t looking good for the next decade.

Arctic disintegration is worst than we thought. 

Fascinating 

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard a report that last year was again warmest on record here in the UK , 50% Warmer than reported in since before the industrial revolution .

They also said it is unexpected that it went up as so much has been shut down 2020 and less transport so they would have expected a slight fall in temperature .

On 1/8/2021 at 12:15 AM, Maria Keerie said:

Just heard a report that last year was again warmest on record here in the UK , 50% Warmer than reported in since before the industrial revolution .

They also said it is unexpected that it went up as so much has been shut down 2020 and less transport so they would have expected a slight fall in temperature .

Yeah Europe had an increase of 0.4C in 2020 beating 2019 as the hottest ever.

Copernicus is presenting an annual European State of the Climate 2020 report in April, explaining detailed analysis of Europes climate.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, Lewis said:

North Pole has had a sudden warming in the stratosphere of 100F in a week, I imagine a strong polar vortex is on the way for North America.

Extreme cold is heading into three continents (Europe, Asia and North America) from the polar vortex in the coming week.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/weather/2021/01/13/polar-vortex-2021-eastern-europe-arctic-cold.cnn

• 1 month later...

The Arctic Sea Ice melted over 103,000 square kilometres today, something that never happens during winter there. Seems to be an anomalous transport of heat and moisture being brought to the North Pole. While the cold is shifting elsewhere around the world, this is all the same event that is being brought on by abrupt climate change.