JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Playing audio of specific Bible verses

Hi all

I have the item Bible Study later on via Zoom.

I want to play some of the specific Bible accounts (they are at the top of each chapter.) I can get JW app to play the Chapter but only want the specific verses. This week  they are taken from two different chapters MATTHEW 22:4123:24  

They do it at the hall but I don't know how to do it myself Perhaps they are not played from the App?.

Any ideas

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Hi all

I have the item Bible Study later on via Zoom.

I want to play some of the specific Bible accounts (they are at the top of each chapter.) I can get JW app to play the Chapter but only want the specific verses. This week  they are taken from two different chapters MATTHEW 22:4123:24  

They do it at the hall but I don't know how to do it myself Perhaps they are not played from the App?.

Any ideas

I use this Audacity software to split and merge audio files together: https://www.audacityteam.org/

Here is the audio of only the specific verses MATTHEW 22:41–23:24 for you.
Enjoy 🙂

MATTHEW_22_41-23_24.mp3

Edited by luisenriquereyes

Wol.jw.org can do it also. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

3 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

I use this Audacity software to split and merge audio files together: https://www.audacityteam.org/

Here is the audio of only the specific verses MATTHEW 22:41–23:24 for you.
Enjoy 🙂

MATTHEW_22_41-23_24.mp3 2.57 MB · 0 downloads

That is very kind of you Enrique.

I experimented myself too with Wave Studio.. cut and paste...

I don't know if our sound dept do the same but they manage to play just the sections.. didn't know if there was if there was some trick they were using..

Many thanks

3 hours ago, AH173 said:

Wol.jw.org can do it also. 

Hi Ashley

you mean WOL can play just the cited verse.. not the whole chapters?

Thanks

Yes, WOLe can play only the verse(s) you click on... 
From the Watchtowe Online Library (WOL) go the 2020 Edition of the Bible. Find the verse you want read. Click on the very first word. This opens a pop-up 'play' button. The verse will highlight in red.
(If you click too close to the number, it will jump to the Study Notes. Not what you want.)
It will continue playing to the end of the chapter.
Select the next chapter, click the first word of verse 2, and off it goes again.
(You need a data connection for this.)

When you want a passage read from the start of the chapter (ie v 1), you also have the option to press the 'play' button at the top. (See green circle on pic #2) 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/40/22#v=40:22:41

Old Tone

Screenshot_20200324-035819_Chrome~2.jpg

20200324_041702.jpg

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

Add pic

8 hours ago, carlos said:

Alan, within Zoom you can click Share, then select Desktop. Then you can go to WOL and play the verses, and everybody will hear them. Although it's easier if the brother hosting the meeting takes care of that rather than you.

Thanks Carlos.. we tried the share desktop last night as a test; it worked great.. everyone saw my ebay purchases....  1000 rolls of Toilet paper,  50 liters of hand sanitizer   LOL.

I didn't know you could that thing with the WOL though..

One of our younger MS mentioned earlier.. Do we have a media operator?  I get what he means now. Wow he's a blessing to us all. Hard working and above all humble. He never lets his left hand know what his right hand is doing. Just works humbly in the background. He'll go far!