JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Some good news from Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1512 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/

BREAKING NEWS | First Conviction Overturned in Russia, Brother Alushkin and Five Others Win Appeal

On March 25, 2020, the Penza Regional Court overturned the conviction of Brothers Vladimir Alushkin, Vladimir Kulyasov, Andrey Magliv, and Denis Timoshin, as well as Sisters Tatyana Alushkina and Galiya Olkhova. Their cases will be sent for retrial. As a result of winning the appeal, Brother Alushkin will be released from prison in the coming days. He and the others will remain under travel and other restrictions as they await retrial.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I'm not sure how to interpret this story. Is Russia stepping down or pulling back from playing the role of the King of the North? I wouldn't think so. However, given all the complaints from world leaders, human rights activists, and the UN (of which Russia is a prominent member), I wonder if they're just trying to give a semblance of justice to their courts by overturning this case. (At least, for the moment.) Perhaps when the case goes back for retrial, the courts will continue their attack and persecution of Jehovah's people. I would hope not, but seeing that Russia is the KotN I can see them trying to cover up their unjust shenanigans in an attempt to make themselves appear like they're just and fair.

Just thinking out loud...

With Sentence Voided in Penza Ruling, Vladimir Alushkin Left the Pre-trial Detention Center in Mordovia and Rejoined His Wife and Friends

On March 30, 2020, Vladimir Alushkin, sentenced to six years in a colony for believing in Jehovah, left the pre-trial detention center after the sentence was canceled. In total, the believer spent almost nine months in prison – 293 days. It was a touching scene as he rejoined his wife and friends on the way home.

https://jw-russia.org/en/index.html

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D