JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

traveling this year??

We are taking our kids on a Disney Cruise in October, leaving out of Galveston, TX. We stop in Grand Caymen and Mexico. It's our first family trip and my parents are going with us! Also will be going to New York for my cousins wedding over Labor Day weekend. I'm hoping to make a trip to OH to visit family and maybe go to one of the DC's in Cleveland this summer.

We will be taking our annual vacation to Hocking Hills (Hocking Hills State Park, cottage area) in Southern Ohio, this fall. We go every year, rent cabins with a host of our friends and family from many different congregations. We will be going October 31 - November 4. We have had up to 100 brothers and sisters there at one time, families, older ones and younger ones! It is my absolute favorite vacation, we hike, cabin hop, shop and then have some just "family" time as well! It is open to anyone who may want to come, as long as there is cabin availability (hint, hint)..... as a matter of fact, my avatar is a pic on one of the hikes last year!

Went to Paris then Bruges by train for our Honeymoon in 1981. Fond memories of Bruges. It was described in the guidebook as the 'Venice of the North' because of it's canals. It is so picturesque - full of old Medeival buildings on cobble streets by the canals. It's centre is 20 minutes from the rail station, so worth taking a taxi to it. We recommend Confiserie de Clerck, Academiestraat 19. Though Belgium is famous for all it's chocolate/chocolatiers.:drool:We staggered wheezing to the top of the central Market Square bell tower/Carillon - all 366 steps, but what a view of Bruges from way up there. They rang the bells though while we were up there (ear-plugs!!). the carillon plays a long tune, so is nicer heard from ground level. The Merchanthouse Museum 'Gruuthouse' seems to be being renovated this year so may be shut but there are nice old antique shops and art galleries and they also use French on their menus, so my school French dictionary came in handy.We had attended meetings in Paris that week, so didn't look for the Khall there.

96172=5305-brugescanal2.jpg The Carillon tower among these ancient buildings by the Dijver river/canal here, also overlooks the marketsquare shown below

96172=5306-brugesmarket.jpg Hope you have a nice holiday as we did there Christopher.

• 3 months later...

My wife and I are going to have a few days in Brussels, and may get to visit Bruges or Antwerp. We have booked a combined train/hotel package with Eurostar. Brussels is really nice, we had a long weekend there 2 years ago, and I would really like to get a train to Bruges, if only for the day.

We did actually make a day in Antwerp, but the rest of the time we stayed in Brussells. It rained almost constantly, and my wife got food poisoning and did not leave the hotel room for four days! We had to send for a doctor, she was so bad. Not the best holiday in the world!

I've just booked us a long weekend in Paris in late September - hopefully this will turn out better!

Well Well , the time is finally here. I`m going to Maine Tuesday! Can`t wait to see my dear Sister Margie.

I'm sooo excited and can't wait. It's a good thing we have a week together.... it's kinda hard for us to catch up on the phone w/our two different schedules...!!!

Yes I'm going to take lots of pictures.

I will likely be traveling in the fall, but more for work than vacation. Last year we did. Nevada, southern California and CT. The year before we went to santa barbara and CT. They work us to death during the week, but we have the weekends free which we can do whatever we want.

what do you do for work?

Not only do I get to see Diane, and her daughter and two grand daughters, but I went to Mobile Al during their DC so I was able to attend Friday and Sunday of their DC. My grand daughter went with me as she said she would and my daughter was there Sunday afternoon. Now I'm looking forward to being at our meetings w/Diane. We haven't attended a meeting together since...... she first taught me the truth. Yes I will post more pictures.