JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom, meeting media and mac

Apologise if this has been covered before, but does anyone have a particularly easy way to display images and videos for the CLAM and Watchtower meetings on a mac?

I am mainly mac based, but I have recently purchased a windows laptop for hosting Zoom meetings. Using Windows, you have two easy options:

• JW Library app
  • Only M

Are there any equivalent apps available on the mac which can do the same thing? i.e. a content player/manager?

I'm thinking Crossover with JW Library or OnlyM app could be one option...

I know you can use Quicktime and Preview, but compared to the ease of using Windows for this purpose - i'm looking for a more elegant solution for mac....😎

• 3 weeks later...

VLC works on most platforms/OS

although, on a Windows PC - I like OnlyM a little better for meetings in the Hall

Neither should be needed for a Zoom Meeting since you can share your screen with whatever app you use for images

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 8 months later...

On 4/23/2020 at 4:39 AM, Jf800 said:

We use the VMix program to put titles and some icons in the Zoom transmission.

IMG-20200415-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200415-WA0019.jpg

I use manycam to put images and/or texts over my screen. Does that software works fo doing this on other screens other than mine?

On 5/7/2020 at 11:41 PM, Qapla said:

VLC works on most platforms/OS

although, on a Windows PC - I like OnlyM a little better for meetings in the Hall

Neither should be needed for a Zoom Meeting since you can share your screen with whatever app you use for images

There is no app like OnlyM for sharing images not in JWL (that I'm aware of)

even if the image is smaller than the screen size it puts as big as possible with black borders (the same way as JWL)

I like it a lot

Does anyone know how to share screen immediattely whithout going to the options screen?

I want to press alt+s and start  sharing but even putting that option on it still goes to the options screen first...

Also, would like to know how to have the option to share sound with video on by the default... several times I and others forget about it and the video starts wihout sound....