JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Friday, May 1 Love the foreign resident.​—Deut. 10:19.

Friday, May 1

Love the foreign resident.—Deut. 10:19.

In recent years, many countries have experienced an influx of refugees. Why not learn a greeting in the languages commonly spoken by newcomers in your area? Additionally, why not learn a few phrases that may capture their interest? You might then be able to direct them to jw.org and show them the variety of videos and publications available in their language. Jehovah lovingly provides the Life and Ministry Meeting so that we can become more effective in the field ministry. The practical instruction we receive at this meeting helps many of us feel more confident about making return visits and conducting Bible studies. Parents, help your children to let their light shine by teaching them to comment in their own words. Their simple, heartfelt expressions have sometimes prompted newly interested ones to recognize the ring of truth.—1 Cor. 14:25. w18.06 22-23 ¶7-9

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

There are many “newly interested ones” (foreign residents) attending our zoom meetings. Its a great opportunity for them to get to know the truth and see our meetings in action. When we return to the Kingdom Hall after Covid19, they may be moved to attend with us “declaring: “God is really among you.” 1 Corinthians 14:25

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

We don't want to display the spirit of the world and show animosity towards foreign residents...but rather we want to be welcoming and share the life-saving truths with them, in a manner that speaks to their heart (through their own language): It also helps to remember that we are also foreign residents in Satan's world.😀

I have followed the pattern of this advice for years. I work with many from different African countries and languages. Some of my American coworkers tend to dismiss the value of correctly pronouncing the name of new immigrants. I remind them that even if the immigrant gives a short , English, or easier to pronounce version just to make it easier for American coworkers. 
    I point out that the new arrivals are being polite and loving by giving a nickname or English name and demonstrating loving kindness but that I am demonstrating respect and loving kindness when I take the time to learn how to pronounce their true name. This also usually leads to an opportunity to show them JW.org in their own language. 

Saturday, May 2

Welcome one another, just as the Christ also welcomed you.—Rom. 15:7.

It is good to remember that at one time we were all “strangers,” or foreigners, not close to God. (Eph. 2:12) But Jehovah drew us to him “with the cords of love.” (Hos. 11:4; John 6:44) And Christ welcomed us. He opened the door, as it were, so that we could become part of God’s family. Since Jesus has kindly accepted us, as imperfect as we are, it should be unthinkable for us to reject anyone else! Divisions, prejudice, and hostility will doubtless increase in the world as we approach the end of this wicked system. (Gal. 5:19-21; 2 Tim. 3:13) As servants of Jehovah, though, we seek the wisdom from above, which is impartial and promotes peace. (Jas. 3:17, 18) We rejoice as we forge friendships with people from other lands, accepting cultural differences and possibly even learning the languages of others. When we do this, peace flows just like a river, and justice like the waves of the sea.—Isa. 48:17, 18. w18.06 12 ¶18-19

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I really 💙 the way jwtalk helps us to .....
“rejoice as we forge friendships with people from other lands, accepting cultural differences and possibly even learning the languages of others.”

Brother Chris, did you unofficially take over the duties of posting the Daily Text. Nice. 

Come to think of it, it would be interesting if some of us can take turns to post the Daily Text, once in while.

For a start maybe the 1st Sunday of the month and also bearing in mind the time zone that one is in. Don't want to be posting the text when the other half of the world is already in bed.

2 hours ago, M'Awan said:

Brother Chris, did you unofficially take over the duties of posting the Daily Text.

Thanks Anna, it was very unofficial actually. I hope the moderator (Annie) didn’t think it was overstepping the bounds 😬.  Thankfully we are not in Israelite times where an unauthorized person could be cut off for making unauthorized offerings.

It was not possible to make a new thread, so I posted this under Fridays Daily Text. 

9 hours ago, Chris7 said:

Thanks Anna, it was very unofficial actually. I hope the moderator (Annie) didn’t think it was overstepping the bounds 😬.  Thankfully we are not in Israelite times where an unauthorized person could be cut off for making unauthorized offerings.

It was not possible to make a new thread, so I posted this under Fridays Daily Text. 

I forgot sorry 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.