JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Breaking News: International Brotherhood Covid-19 report

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1461 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On JW. ORG is a "what's new" report showing experiences of COVID-19 experiences (and 872 deaths).  Very encouraging the support of our world-wide organization.

I had heard from a "reliable" source that the US death toll is over 250 (but I do not have a written statement that I can release)

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/International-Brotherhood-Comforts-Those-Impacted-by-Deadly-Pandemic/

We are constantly told that even though we are Jehovah's people, we are not immune to things around us. However, our love for our brotherhood is so great that we still grieve when we lose our brothers and sisters! We may not know them, we may have not met them, they may have lived in a different country far away, we may not even speak their language but there is a common bond of love! They were part of our family, we support their family and if we are not there, we pray for their family! That's what we do! That's who we are! Even the loss of one is one too many! We all look forward to the day when we won't have to say goodbye to members of our spiritual family to that cruel enemy death! What a joyous time that will be! Until that time let's all stay on the watch, be obedient to directions Jehovah gives us and preserve in prayer!

It pained me deeply to read that brother Manfred Unnützer died of covid-19. He was a very young brother in Germany in a congregation a few miles away from where we lived. We were in the same circuit and saw each other at every convention and assembly. We worked together before conventions and after. He was always a zealous and enthusiastic young brother. He started pioneering early in life and received an assignment to serve in Italy. Since we were good friends, we corresponded for a long time. Well, you read the story. Covid-19 took him away from his beloved Hannchen and the brothers and sisters who loved him. It will be wonderful to see him back in the new world with a healthy body.  

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/International-Brotherhood-Comforts-Those-Impacted-by-Deadly-Pandemic/

Brother Unnützer served almost 58 years in special full-time service, and his wife served along with him almost 54 years. Together, they spent 25 years in the circuit work. Almost 1,000 brothers and sisters from several countries tied in to the funeral service held by videoconference. 

Sister Unnützer expresses: “I greatly appreciate the brotherhood. They never left me alone, not even for an hour. I felt a ‘river’ of affection! They took care of me emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I love all my brothers.”

Prayers for Sister Unnützer and those he left behind.

Sister Inge, we share your grief at losing  a much cherished brother in such a untimely way. Gone way too soon. What a terrible loss.

Edited by M'Awan