JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bible Verses Explained: Jeremiah 29:11—​“I Know the Plans I Have for You”

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1449 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

“‘I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope.’”—Jeremiah 29:11, New World Translation.

“‘I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”—Jeremiah 29:11, New International Version.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/bible-verses/jeremiah-29-11/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I like these words from.article:

God lets people choose for themselves the course they will follow. His words at Jeremiah 29:11 were addressed to the Israelites in Babylon as a group, and he had a thought in mind for that group—a future of peace. (Jeremiah 29:4) However, God allowed each person to choose whether to benefit from His promise or not.

On 5/13/2020 at 1:53 PM, Luigi62 said:

the bible verse explained were updated in jw library app without Jer 29:11. 

1 hour ago, outwalkin said:

let me clarify - I noticed in my windows version it is there but not on my android 

Try manually downloading .JWPUB file from the web site and see if it helps.

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=ijwbv&langwritten=E