JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I am surrendered by many tracks to ride the bike, some easy some more challenging, so I decided to service  my  bike, install go pro on the handle ...and go riding.

Please share your comments, advice and photos on bike riding. 
All of the rides that I will be doing are in nature ... sometimes jumping kangaroo crosses the path, So they are definitely fun and wholesome. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This isn't a mountain bike, but whatever. Yesterday I was delivered the new Radmission (White, Mixte, about 50lb) from RadPowerBikes. It's got most all of the accessories, official fenders, rack, kickstand, aftermarket mirror and panniers. I spent most of the afternoon and evening building it in a nearby brother's garage/shop with his assistance, guidance and tools. Dropped it 3 times already, whoops there goes the warranty. I only got to ride it home so far (and around the block a few times with a stupid grin on my face), but it's amazingly more comfortable and efficient than my previous tiny-wheels folding-that-doesn't-work 5-minute-battery can't-pedal-without-battery trash tier scam ebike I had. This is the first full size bike I've ever owned or ridden, thankfully I measured beforehand and I can just make it with the seat bottomed out. I'm hoping it will suit my needs for many years to come and maybe even on into paradise since I don't drive. The battery is supposed to be able to go up to 25 miles on throttle alone, helps that I only weigh 120lbs, so even if I'm struggling or in a lot of pain it should be usable. Looking forward to riding it through some local trails before winter hits if possible. But for now, my body is bruised from head to toe just from building it...

Radmission.jpg

Edited by Myew

• 7 months later...

Is that a new model from RAD?! I have a RADMini and absolutely love it! I have several health issues and, with the Mini, I go places I could have never gone before and still get a great workout! Enjoy!

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." - C.S. Lewis

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to finally get back into cycling after so many years of not. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I was surprised how hard it is to find a mid level bike during this pandemic. There is a wait time a mile long. A retired brother in the congregation over the last handful of years got into fixing bicycles as a hobby and selling them. At first he didn't have a whole lot in my catagory, just mainly ones for kids. But recently he did have a unique one to the area that I found appealing. It's an older Cube touring bike from Germany. Runs like a top.  It still has the German shop sticker so it's actually from Germany. Kinda cool imo. Good light aluminum frame makes it easy to carry out of my Apt. So far, so good for the trails and the road.

IMG_0772.thumb.JPG.8708bee446ecbeec22ba9b81d466cbcc.JPG

Edited by Vinnie

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

• 10 months later...