JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Was there a movie based on these facts? Awake July 22 2001

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1443 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hello this Sunday the public talk, the brother told the following experience.

.https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g20010722/Coping-With-an-Unspeakable-Tragedy/

It seems that a film was made based on this terrible event of which our sister was a victim.
Can someone tell me the title of the film and if it is available on YouTube or elsewhere, in English and Spanish?
Thank you.

Pity there were no photos in the jw.org page.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Oscar's+mother+was+murdered+so+he+could+be+stolen+from+us+...but+now...-a067122029

Oscar's mother was murdered so he could be stolen from us ...but now I have got him back and he'll always be precious; JUST 7 WEEKS AGO THERESA ANDREWS WAS SHOT DEAD BY A JEALOUS NEIGHBOUR AND HER UNBORN CHILD TORN FROM HER WOMB. INCREDIBLY THE BABY SURVIVED - NOW HIS FATHER JON TELLS THE MOVING STORY OF HOW HE WILL BRING HIM UP.

Edited by M'Awan

Finally, 

theresa.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/oh/sadiesadie/theresa.html

On September 27, in the small town of Ravenna, Ohio, a young woman named Theresa Andrews was going about her day. Her life was beginning to unfold in so many beautiful ways. She and her husband, Jon Andrews, lived in a quaint, well kept community, perfect for starting a family, in a little house on Riddle Avenue. At just 23 years old, she was expecting her first child in just a few short days. Jon had gone off to work at a factory in Cleveland, and she would stay home that day, running errands and waiting excitedly for her new son's arrival, whom she had already named Oscar. At about 9 am, she received a phone call from a woman, interested in buying a black Jeep the couple had put up for sale. Theresa called Jon at work with the news, telling him she was going to show the lady the Jeep and then go run some errands

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Oscar's+mother+was+murdered+so+he+could+be+stolen+from+us+...but+now...-a067122029

388700663_ScreenHunter_04May_1912_45.thumb.gif.8a822d85950f9f4be62e276e0ca9fdb3.gif

I don't understand the "two birthdays a year" part.  

I thought these people were Witnesses...

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

My husband watches those, “true crime”, shows all the time.

You'd be surprised at the times they feature, “Jehovah’s Witnesses. It’s truly a sick world. 
I sort of remember this from the news. 
The details? Nope, I do not want them in my memory bank. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, M'Awan said:

Pity there were no photos in the jw.org page.

Oscar's mother was murdered so he could be stolen from us ...but now I have got him back and he'll always be precious; JUST 7 WEEKS AGO THERESA ANDREWS WAS SHOT DEAD BY A JEALOUS NEIGHBOUR AND HER UNBORN CHILD TORN FROM HER WOMB. INCREDIBLY THE BABY SURVIVED - NOW HIS FATHER JON TELLS THE MOVING STORY OF HOW HE WILL BRING HIM UP.

Screenshot_20200518-171209_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20200518-170934_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20200518-170449_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

There was no movie or show adaptation featuring Witnesses that I know of, but the idea of stealing a pregnant woman's baby has been used in crime shows, etc, since then. It's something that happens, and while rare, isn't unique to this case alone.

By the way, I know all these individuals. John and Oscar were in my congregation for years afterwards. He remarried and they would babysit my daughter one day a week.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

3 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

There was no movie or show adaptation featuring Witnesses that I know of, but the idea of stealing a pregnant woman's baby has been used in crime shows, etc, since then. It's something that happens, and while rare, isn't unique to this case alone.

By the way, I know all these individuals. John and Oscar were in my congregation for years afterwards. He remarried and they would babysit my daughter one day a week.

Here in Spain a few years ago I saw a movie (I don't remember the title) based on some similar events that happened in the USA and it made me remember what happened to this family. It seemed that the movie is based on what happened to our sister, I don't remember if she declared herself to be JW.

4 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

There was no movie or show adaptation featuring Witnesses that I know of

I know the movie Big Eyes realised by Tim Burton and in which the protagonist “is visited by two Jehovah's Witnesses who convince her that honesty is important.”

It is the story of an artist and stuff like that but I didn't watch it myself... You can find more on its Wikipedia page.

Sorry I am a bit :offtopic:

Edited by Romain

3 hours ago, Romain said:

I know the movie Big Eyes realised by Tim Burton and in which the protagonist “is visited by two Jehovah's Witnesses who convince her that honesty is important.”

It is the story of an artist and stuff like that but I didn't watch it myself... You can find more on its Wikipedia page.

Sorry I am a bit :offtopic:

I saw that.  It starred Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz.  Adams played Margaret Keane, an artist.  

This case is mentioned in a true crime book called "Baby Be Mine" which is available on Amazon.

Edited by Barbllm

staying on topic