JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1400 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Excerpt from UN Secretary General's press conference yesterday:

And I must say that I'm hopeful that we'll have a good resolution at the General Assembly, and I'm hopeful that Member States will be able to come together and take profit of these unique moments – 75 years, 75 years in which I think it's important to recognise that many things have happened; many negative things have happened, but at least the Third World War so many people have predicted was avoided. We had what many called the "long peace" with many small conflicts, but conflicts in which the big powers did not get involved against each other.

And it is very important that this long peace remains, and it's very important that we now create the conditions to address the smaller but still dramatically deadly conflicts that we are facing in today's world.

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/secretary-generals-full-transcript-his-press-conference-launch-un-comprehensive

Definition of "long peace" = a never-ending string of "short wars".

*eye roll*

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 Thessalonians 5:3

(Revised UN Translation)

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Long Peace and security! then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them

😁

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)