JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

ISO family worship ideas

I’ve seen some of the family worship idea thread, and they have good ideas, but I’m looking for something for zoom family worship with some families in my group. I don’t want something real structured like studying the watch Tower, but it needs to be interesting enough to keep the attention of the young ones. Something that doesn’t require a whole lot of preparation, simply because the families who are joining are hurting, and going through quite a lot. Thanks in advance for any help. Love you all!

Hi, maybe you could watch an encouraging video together. The host could screen share and maybe have a discussion afterwards. For younger children you could play some of the Caleb and Sophia videos and ask questions about the video/ subject matter afterwards. Could take turns reading bible stories and always have the kids dress up as bible characters. 

2 hours ago, bigvince said:

I’ve seen some of the family worship idea thread, and they have good ideas, but I’m looking for something for zoom family worship with some families in my group. I don’t want something real structured like studying the watch Tower, but it needs to be interesting enough to keep the attention of the young ones. Something that doesn’t require a whole lot of preparation, simply because the families who are joining are hurting, and going through quite a lot. Thanks in advance for any help. Love you all!

Well Bro. Vincent, my field service group just had their 1st zoom family worship where I was the host as the overseer was at work. He joined in while he was finishing up at his job. We went over the current watchtower and we had a good time for this first zoom family worship together.  Our group have older teenage twin girls and no other youths. After them I am the "youthful brother" at 51 as everyone is older. We had a very good time even though most of us worked that day as well as the overseer. It is just the beginning. If your congregation have a zoom public speaker visiting from another congregation maybe you can ask your congregation to have some time to associate with the speaker and/or his wife and ask some questions of them. And your group can go over any notes that you gleaned from that. Keep your options available.

Also, on another note, my wife suggested a family worship were her former bible study conductor in Florida, her pioneer friend in Texas and my daughters friend had a zoom meeting. There we did some digging into a bible character and presented to the group as If we were that person. My wife's friend chose Ruth and I chose Jonathan-son of Saul.  I forgot what the others chose but it was very encouraging.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Don't forget the fake beard! (If you want to go that far into character.) 🤣

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible