JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

37 minutes ago, IliasBosman said:

So what do you make?

Beats?

Cause i know fl is great for beats making.

Greets,

Ilias

You can create anything with any DAW you're using, no exception for FL Studio also. For example. I'm making instrumentals of JW Broadcasting songs with it.

11 minutes ago, Intercore said:

You can create anything with any DAW you're using, no exception for FL Studio also. For example. I'm making instrumentals of JW Broadcasting songs with it.

Nice!! 

Can you send me some of your creations?

Love to hear it!

Greets,

Ilias

On 7/6/2020 at 10:36 PM, Intercore said:

FL Studio. The first one and the last one probably 😄

Same boat, man! FL is probably one of the more welcoming DAWs out there- I remember someone noting that using it almost felt like a video game, due to its relative simplicity compared to other DAWs. The pattern/loop based structure makes it very fitting for beats/EDM stuff, but it seems not to be AS good in live instrument tracking/orchestral compositions. Also, the stock plugins are really good. 😃

• 4 months later...

Logic user here. Nice to see Irmantas and Jared here! Hope you are well, guys :) Any new music to share? I put a couple of my bits in the Music club earlier today. 

Are you on ProTools, Ilias? Noticed that other thread you'd started. I have never used it personally. Had a brief encounter with Cubase when VST was being introduced, but I didn't understand it. Then it was MOTU Vision DSP for maybe a year before my Logic-using cousin taught me the ropes with it. Have tried Reaper and Bitwig, also briefly, and I have Ableton Lite as it came with a keyboard I bought. Use it mainly for sorting samples, not much else. The warping is really good though.

Are you mainly into mix engineering then?

On 11/19/2020 at 8:15 PM, Norbro said:

Logic user here. Nice to see Irmantas and Jared here! Hope you are well, guys :) Any new music to share? I put a couple of my bits in the Music club earlier today. 

Are you on ProTools, Ilias? Noticed that other thread you'd started. I have never used it personally. Had a brief encounter with Cubase when VST was being introduced, but I didn't understand it. Then it was MOTU Vision DSP for maybe a year before my Logic-using cousin taught me the ropes with it. Have tried Reaper and Bitwig, also briefly, and I have Ableton Lite as it came with a keyboard I bought. Use it mainly for sorting samples, not much else. The warping is really good though.

Are you mainly into mix engineering then?

Hey Norbro,

Yes mainly Mixing Engineering, and also recording.

Greets,

Your Brother,  Ilias Bosman

• 1 year later...

Pardon the thread resurrection, lol.

I have Ableton Live 9 but it has been a few years since I messed around with recording music. I want to get back into it and finish the songs I have in my head so that they are in a tangible form for others to listen to and perhaps appreciate :D

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I only get to dream about working on music these days, too many other hands on my time. Mostly Reaper these days, with some dabbling in Ableton Live and FL Studio. Also Garage Band and way too many synths on my iOS devices. 

Cakewalk was the stuff going all the way back to the DOS days when I had it MIDI synced to my Tascam 4 track, used various versions of Cakewalk into the proper DAW era and Sonar in the late 90s into the early 2000s.

10 hours ago, IliasBosman said:

Studio One , Version 3?

You are absolutely right :thumbsup:

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

Back when I was researching DAW's I was really drawn to Magix Samplitude but ended up going with Ableton because I could find tutorials galore for Ableton but not too many for Samplitude.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!